Community_discussions_small  

Comment

The contiki hook up, couples, crush or quickie lol

2 Jan 2007 Hipjaz, the canuck from the T-Dot said

Default_avatar
So contiki....time away from the real world and into a world where nobody knows you name and you are free to do what you please and be whoever you want to be. As I've see that contki consists of many drunkin nights and great friends and a gay ol' time, did anyone hook up with anyone on their tour? or besides catching the "contiki cough", what are the chances of 2 people really hitting off and becoming "contiki couples" or having a "contiki crush" or maybe just one night...or every night having a "contiki quickie". Does this happen frequently on the tour or are people pretty reserved to platonic friendship?
*Sorry if this post makes people feel uncomforatble but this is life baby, good to know now than later*
  • 3 Jan 2007 Hipjaz, the canuck from the T-Dot said

Default_avatar

ya, i figured that would happen. i just wantedto know how frequently it did i went on an exchange program to quebec and all the girls were hooking up with people (and yes me too,i admit) so i just wondered how frequently it happened

• 3 Jan 2007 Sally:) said

Default_avatar

When i was booking my tour with contiki i was talking to a couple of travel agents here in Brisbane Aus, and the one lady was saying that she had been on 13 contiki tours and is currently engaged to an aussie man that she met on one of them!!!!

• 13 Feb 2007 De'ann said

Default_avatar

my friends parents met on a contiki trip some 20 years ago. they were on seperate tours but always met up at the tourist attractions and contiki bars etc. they were Both from sydney and still to this day are happily married with teenage kids!!!

• 13 Feb 2007 ptooma said

Default_avatar

70% solo travelers between 18-35 – would you expect otherwise?

Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

• 13 Feb 2007 vetjo said

Default_avatar

My parents met on Contiki. Dad was the bus driver. Hehe go Dad!

• 13 Feb 2007 Doll-Doll said

Default_avatar

Leave it to a fellow Canuck to bring up this topic…Woo hoo!!!!

• 13 Feb 2007 ptooma said

Default_avatar

Definitely w/ a national clothing line called “Roots” …

• 13 Feb 2007 Doll-Doll said

Default_avatar

ROOTS” all the way. I never knew what that meant until I lived in Oz and my housemates saw me with a shirt that said it. I will definately be sure to have a “Roots” shirt on my tour this summer. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 15 Feb 2007 jules melrose said

Default_avatar

I went on the Euro Encounter two years ago and we had two couples hook up. One of the couples got married last month! It was really sweet to watch their relationship blossom over the length of the trip.

• 16 Feb 2007 Le Vaux said

Default_avatar

After reading this section I think I’m gonna change my career to Contiki bus driver, sounds like it’s a great job for picking up haha.

• 20 Feb 2007 Doll-Doll said

Default_avatar

WOW!!!!!!!! 8 months ago and they are married…maybe its just me…but I’d be moving a little slower then that…no marriage for me that quickly…

• 20 Feb 2007 Kylie85 said

Default_avatar

8 months and they are already married? Wow, thats nuts. My man and I have been engaged for the last three years and have too much planned to find the time to plan that kind of thing..
    hmm, maybe we can elope in the romance of paris…. hmm, maybe not.

• 20 Feb 2007 Megsy1 said

Default_avatar

Wow, they sure got lucky in love…meeting and getting married in 8 months. I heard from our tour manager, that she knew a people that hooked up and got married or were together from her tours.

I went on the Encounter this past summer, I had fun with a guy on another tour we came across. It was a nice 2 days, but never went further from there….too hard when I’m in Cali and he’s in Australia.

Well, there’s next summer… :}

• 20 Feb 2007 TuscanTraveler said

Default_avatar

My co-workers are already planning my exploits and describing in detail the positive characteristics of Italian men. I have no doubt they’ll be loading me with “rain coats” for my trip. Although my plan was to go for the landscape and scenery, not the men, or bus drivers.

• 21 Feb 2007 Kat said

Default_avatar

my co-workers have been telling me a lot about the italian men, and their “touchy-feely” ways!! but then one went and spoiled the fantasy by telling me about her friend that went over there and then fell in love, got married, lived there and became pretty much a prisoner in the home cause he wouldnt let her go anywhere and she eventually escaped one night and came bak to Australia!!!

• 21 Feb 2007 Akuti27 said

Default_avatar

Well it’s true! I hooked up with a guy on my last contiki tour. We spent the whole time together and it was great! However he lives in OZ so now we are just email friends. Still it was great making new friends!

• 22 Feb 2007 Pazzar said

Default_avatar

Haha same here. My dad thinks that i have bought 2 tickets back to aussie. Well you never know i guess, it could happen haha.

• 23 Feb 2007 *natta* said

Default_avatar

OMG.. I thought it was just my family / friends / workmates lol Razzer<!--graemlin::p--> They’re all convinced I’m gona come home engaged / married / or even pregnant!! (I’m going to get a working visa so anything’s possible I guess!!)

What is that all about anyway? Does everyone always try to set up the single people around them or something? Roll Eyes<!--graemlin::rolleyes:-->

• 18 Oct 2013 Explorer1115444 said

Default_avatar

I met my hubby on contiki! We are both contiki vets 12 tours around the world for us at different times. Many hook ups on different tours but a special relationship at last. We were not looking but it just was right! We were from different countries but came together. 3 years and 2 kids later we still remember our contiki adventures.

• 28 Oct 2013 Explorer1187140 said

Default_avatar

Absolutely it does happen 5 contiki tours in and one nice hookup the others were just during the tour but nothing serious!…but it’s hard when you meet someone in another continent we both tried to keep it going but it’s hard soooo!… About to go on another one you never know;;)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.