Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Oct 12/13 departure

12 May 2007 Ray-Edm said

Default_avatar
Is anyone going on the October 13th departure? I will be doing the European Escapade 9/13 departure, so I'll be flying in from Brussels. Send me a note if you're going to be on this tour. I'd like to see Petra after this but will probably end up on the beaches of Mallorca. My MSN is rf134a (at) hotmail (dot) com
  • 25 Jun 2007 Ray-Edm said

Default_avatar

So… no one is booked on this trip? I’m looking for some company to Jordan. My schedule is as follows:
    October 21: Bus to Nuweiba, fast ferry at noon to Aqaba. Overnight in Aqaba.
    October 22: Wadi Rum & overnight in a Bedouin camp
    October 23: Petra
    October 24&25: Amman and fly back to London

Any takers?

• 30 Jun 2007 themantissa said

Default_avatar

I am! Just signed up Friday. Can’t make it to Jordan though, wish I could but not enough time off of work Frowner<!--graemlin::(-->

Melissa

• 1 Jul 2007 sdguy said

Default_avatar

I just signed up too Cool<!--graemlin::cool:--> …but I’m flying back on the 21st…

• 2 Jul 2007 themantissa said

Default_avatar

Now we are three!

So are you both traveling alone too? I hope to find a roommate here before the trip. Looking forward to meeting and traveling with you both!

• 2 Jul 2007 sdguy said

Default_avatar

I’ll be traveling alone.

• 4 Jul 2007 themantissa said

Default_avatar

Awesome Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

So does anyone else wonder why the Egypt board is under Europe and not Africa?

• 16 Jul 2007 Ray-Edm said

Default_avatar

Contiki doesn’t do tours to Africa. Technically, Egypt is in the Middle East but it’s close enough to Europe since it doesn’t fit anywhere else.

You can add me to your msn if you want.

rf134a (at) hotmail (dot) com

• 17 Jul 2007 themantissa said

Default_avatar

Actually Egypt is on the continent of Africa so if Contiki doesn’t do tours to Africa then someone should tell them they are Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Perhaps in politics and culture it may seem more Middle Eastern but geographically it is not.

http://www.booksforafrica.org/maps.html
    http://www.travelnotes.org/MiddleEast/index.htm

• 29 Jul 2007 said

Default_avatar

Hi,

I’m Marsha(29 f) from New York. Planing on booking the oct 12, 07 trip shortly. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Best,
    Marsha.

• 2 Aug 2007 EUtrotter said

Default_avatar

Hello everyone Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->, I’m sorting out my bookings but I will most likely be on this tour with you guys. Any tips? I’m 25/m Brisbane. This will be my fourth Contiki tour this year. I did the 22 Day Europe Camping just over a month ago.

• 2 Aug 2007 themantissa said

Default_avatar

Hi Marsha and EUtrotter! Welcome! The more people I see post here the more excited I am about going. BTW, I haven’t posted it yet but I’m 33/f.

• 3 Aug 2007 sdguy said

Default_avatar

Me: 30/m. San Diego, California Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 6 Aug 2007 EUtrotter said

Default_avatar

Hello friends, I’ve booked and paid in full Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 17 Aug 2007 sdguy said

Default_avatar

Are you guys getting your visa before the trip, or waiting till you get there?

• 19 Aug 2007 said

Default_avatar

First time i ever hear about a visa?
    please do fill in.
    thanks.

• 19 Aug 2007 themantissa said

Default_avatar

I’m getting mine beforehand as the Contiki rep said it’s a really good idea since they can always deny you a visa when you get there. I’m using the service they recommended:
    http://www.zvs.com/
    A bit pricey but I’d rather have the whole visa thing out of the way Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> If you are near a consulate I think you could just go and get yours in person as well. Also, some (very few) countries require a visa to fly though so be sure to check anywhere you have a stop at !

Cheers!

• 20 Aug 2007 Ray-Edm said

Default_avatar

The Egyptian Embassy keeps on telling me that since I’m a Canadian, I should get it at the Cairo Airport. The lady says that they really don’t care.

• 23 Aug 2007 EUtrotter said

Default_avatar

I’m getting my visa at the airport! I’m leaving Brisbane this coming monday 27 Aug. See you guys then!

• 30 Aug 2007 AndrewB said

Default_avatar

Hi folks,

Just signed for this trip, figured I’d drop in and say hello Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

I’ll be flying in from Toronto through Milan.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Andrew

• 3 Oct 2007 sdguy said

Default_avatar

Anyone get their contiki travel packet and ugly green thing yet?

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.