Community_discussions_small  

Question

Travel Protection?

10 Jun 2010 NewHere asked

Default_avatar
Hi, does anyone have any thoughts about whether to use Contiki's travel protection ($169), get independent travel protection, or do without it? I'm positive I will be going on this trip, so it's mainly a matter of whether the flight gets canceled or whether I will have any baggage/medical issues during the trip.

I'm also confused because Contiki implies that for tours in certain countries, travel protection is required. Does this apply to Western Europe? The total cost of the tour and tickets will be around $3100. About to book a "last minute deal" so I'd really appreciate any advice. I depart from the US and will be flying in and out of London. Thanks!
  • 10 Jun 2010 ryan_m said

Default_avatar

Hey NewHere,

In regards of travel insurance Contiki or not. Its very important to have insurance when going overseas. You will NEVER know what might happen. If you cant afford travel insurance you cant afford your vacation.

• 10 Jun 2010 coolspot said

Default_avatar

Check your credit card, you may already have travel protection, trip cancellation insurance, medical coverage.

• 13 Jun 2010 Niksta said

Niksta

definitely get travel insurance.
    i wouldnt dream over going overseas without it.
    but im not sure how other travel insurance providers in the US compare with contiki so you’d need to do some research.

• 14 Jun 2010 Shannon735 said

Shannon735

Last year for my 2 week trip I paid $250 Canadian for travel insurance through my travel agent – yuck! So expensive.

This year I checked out other resources and ended up getting the same covered, for 5 weeks, for only $100 through my bank.

Check your credit card as some credit cards, especially the travel themed ones, have insurance.

• 14 Jun 2010 AspiringAshley said

AspiringAshley

I’m from the US and have a AAA membership. I get my travel insurance from them. Its cheaper than Contiki’s, comprehensive, and Contiki is even one of their partners, so I don’t have any worries.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.