Community_discussions_small  

Comment

May 24th - Spotlight + 3 days cruise

23 Feb 2009 SillyBastid said

Default_avatar
I am thinking of booking this trip. I will be traveling alone.

I was hoping to find out if there will be a good group of singles my age.

I am a 26yr old male from NY.

Joe
  • 23 Mar 2009 HustleRose said

Default_avatar

Hey Joe

My two friends and I are all going on the May 24th trip with the 3 day Island hopping. We’re 2 girls from Montreal, two of us are 22, and one is 23. Not sure if you’re still planning on going, but thought I’d be nice and reply to this post anyways!

Amy

• 23 Mar 2009 Explorer1128292 said

Default_avatar

I’m booked on this trip. 28 years old from Saskatoon. Traveling alone.

John

• 23 Mar 2009 Explorer1128292 said

Default_avatar

I have the 7 day cruise though. I assume it is the same group.

• 24 Mar 2009 HustleRose said

Default_avatar

Oops, mine should read 3 girls, not 2. We’re 3 girls, early 20s, from Montreal.

Also, Explorer1128292, I’d assume they would be the same cruise group, but I do know that the 3 day cruise option returns to Athens on the final day. I’m not sure if everyone on the 3 day option gets off and the 7 day option people continue…

• 24 Mar 2009 Explorer1128292 said

Default_avatar

I double checked and the 7 day cruise goes to Istanbul on the first day. Probably the same group until then though.

• 26 Mar 2009 HustleRose said

Default_avatar

Ah, yes, you’re right. Looks like the group splits up when it’s time for the boat cruise.

• 1 Apr 2009 SillyBastid said

Default_avatar

wahoo got a reply!! lol thats great to hear! I havent booked yet, I was starting to get worried that there wasnt much interest in this trip.

• 3 Apr 2009 SillyBastid said

Default_avatar

i just booked my trip… OH MY!! VERY EXCITED!

• 25 Apr 2009 Kat said

Default_avatar

hi

i just booked my trip today. i’m doing the spotlight on greece tour starting may 24th and added on the greek island hopping tour. i’m 24, from nyc and traveling alone. looking forward to meeting you all and having a blast in greece!

-kat

• 7 May 2009 dysalizar said

Default_avatar

Hey

I just got my documents today, and am very excited. I’m doing the tour with the seven day cruise. I’m 27, from Edmonton, and am travelling alone. Is anyone getting in early? I arrive on the 24th but the agent who booked my first nights hotel booked the wrong hotel so I have to switch the next morning. Is anyone else arriving early?

• 9 May 2009 Kat said

Default_avatar

hi

i will be arriving may 25th, but in the morning. my flight lands in athens at about 910AM, if all runs smoothly. so i’ll have the whole day to myself. do you have any plans for your first and second day in athens?

• 11 May 2009 dysalizar said

Default_avatar

Other than getting my stuff to the hotel we start up at, not yet. I’m thinking that since we’re getting a tour of the acropolis with our tour I’ll stay away form there. Right now I’m just planning on wandering around and taking in some of the sights and sounds of downtown Athens. If you’d like we can meet when you get in and explore together. Anyone else arriving early is welcome to join. I’m female by the way… I forgot to mention it in my last post.

Erin

• 14 May 2009 Kat said

Default_avatar

hi erin

i was planning on wandering around athens as well. explore and soak up the culture a little bit. i made a little list of things to possibly see, like the national gardens and the changing of the guard in front of the old palace, metro stations that have archaeological exhibits in them,..you know, things to see along the way. i don’t have anything major planned that i must see on that first day in athens. i’m saving the museums/galleries for another day since i will have a whole other day in athens at the end of our tour. i’m doing the greek island hopping tour after this one so i will have another day to explore athens while the rest of the group gets a tour of the acropolis(it’s an optional excursion).

i’d be interested in meeting when i get in and exploring athens together. i’ll also mention it to a guy i found on facebook through contiki’s facebook page. he will also be on our tour and he may be interested in joining us. we may be meeting up at the athens airport since our flights arrive at about the same time.

talk soon. take care.

-kat

• 17 May 2009 dysalizar said

Default_avatar

Cool

Perhaps the three of us can all meet up at the hotel when we drop our stuff off. You have a lot of great ideas for what you want to do. I’ve been pouring over Athens information and have no idea where I want to start. I’m up for anything on the first day. Talk to your soon

Erin

• 22 May 2009 Kat said

Default_avatar

hi erin

are you excited? two days until you arrive in athens. well we all, including the guy on facebook (his name is joe) have done some research on athens, and we all seem to feel like we don’t even know where to start when we get to athens! oh well we’ll have fun and see and do plenty. just wanted to let you know that my flight lands in athens at 910AM on may 25 (joe lands before me and hopefully we’ll find each other). we’re going to try to take a taxi to the hotel; it may be the easiest way to get to the hotel..plus get a start on some sightseeing. are you taking a taxi or are you going to try to figure out the train and metro system when you arrive at the airport? is the hotel you’re staying at on the first night near the hotel we are meeting at? hopefully we’ll all arrive at the hotel at about the same time and not miss each other. and maybe bump into a few other people that may be on our tour. i’m excited.

so i must start packing. talk soon and if not, then have a good flight and a good first night in athens and see you in a couple of days.

-kat

• 22 May 2009 SillyBastid said

Default_avatar

hey hey!! this is going to be great.. I am Joe btw.. the guy kat is talking about.

I am definitely down for exploring.. i love just wandering and trying to figure things out.

im going to tell kat what im wearing for the airport, we shouldnt miss each other. Maybe we can meet up at the hotel if you can give some information.

see you soon!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion