Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Contiki discounts

25 Nov 2006 sue123 said

Default_avatar
I'm just wondering if anyone knows if Contiki lets you combine various discounts, like the past traveler discount, early booking, refer a friend, etc. Also, if I refer a friend for a tour, can I use the gift card for the tour we will be going on? How exactly does this work?

Also, we will be booking 2 tours together, one after the other. Can I use the past traveler discount for both these tours?
  • 26 Nov 2006 PinaI said

PinaI

I would think you can combine discounts, if relevant alhtough am not 100% sure and have never had to do that myself.

As for refering a friend and using the voucher for that same trip – if you get stuck doing that, perhaps see if your friend can book one day and you the next so it looks like you’re separate but actually going together…I’m not sure if that’s allowed either though!

Not much help, am I?! Vic?

• 26 Nov 2006 Red Rock said

Default_avatar

Hey, i just booked my tour today and i was able to combine my early airfare discount with my pay early discount which totalled to roughly over $400 in discounts for my particular trip. So yes you can combine some discounts but i would suggest you just head in and ask your local travel agent for confirmation.

• 28 Nov 2006 PinaI said

PinaI

Vic, past traveller discount does exist (over here anyway) it’s 5% off. I’ve heard of refer a friend too but never been able to use it…yet!

• 30 Nov 2006 smithyana said

Default_avatar

is this true? I’m booking a europe tour for next year and would love an extra 5% off for being a past contiki traveller… i’ve just emailed my travel agent to look into this!!!!!

• 30 Nov 2006 sue123 said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by cdm115:
    quote:
    As for refering a friend and using the voucher for that same trip – if you get stuck doing that, perhaps see if your friend can book one day and you the next so it looks like you’re separate but actually going together…I’m not sure if that’s allowed either though!

The only problem with this is that you would not be booking together. So if it’s a hotel tour and you want to share a room it’s not guaranteed. Also, if you get a room in London pre-tour you might be seperated.

Hmmm… I guess this won’t work then. Because we will be doing 2 hotel tours (Eastern Road and Med. Highlights) and we do want to room together. Neither of these tours leave from London though. I’ll just ask my travel agent I guess. It’s small in comparison to how much the whole thing costs, but it’s still something.

• 25 Feb 2008 Explorer1091089 said

Default_avatar

How do I refer a friend and what are the rules? I am a past Contiki traveler and want to refer someone. I heard they get a discount. Is that true and how do I do it please?

• 25 Feb 2008 Bradleyc123 said

Bradleyc123

erm theres no such thing as an early payment discount for airfares. its all based on availibility

• 27 Feb 2008 ptooma said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Explorer1091089:
    How do I refer a friend and what are the rules? I am a past Contiki traveler and want to refer someone. I heard they get a discount. Is that true and how do I do it please?

http://bookcontiki.com/referrals/

- Vic

• 30 May 2008 Explorer1101731 said

Default_avatar

Hey! If anybody is booking from the States, please let me know! I can actually get you a $100 discount off the optional excursions. Just shoot me an e-mail!

-Krystina
    usccontiki@yahoo.com

• 30 May 2008 ptooma said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Explorer1101731:
    Hey! If anybody is booking from the States, please let me know! I can actually get you a $100 discount off the optional excursions. Just shoot me an e-mail!

-Krystina
    usccontiki@yahoo.com

hummm … isn’t that what my post said just above? http://bookcontiki.com/referrals/

Some details from that link:

• You’ll get rewarded $100* cash for each friend you refer below who books a Contiki 10 days or longer trip online within 45 days and pays for their trip in full. Get 10 friends to travel with Contiki and that’s C$1000* for you! Best of all, each of your friends will score $100 in Contiki Excursion Vouchers for their trip!

• You can refer up to 10 friends. Simply complete this form and you’re on your way. Remember, no cheating “me, myself and I” does not qualify. Click here for additional rules.

- Vic

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.