Community_discussions_small  

Question

skiing 2 weeks 2009?

29 May 2008 becs88 asked

Default_avatar
Hi guys is anyone thinking of going skiing in January 2009? I'm not sure whether to go by myself or with a friend - any tips? The trip sounds amazing!!
  • 29 May 2008 becs88 said

Default_avatar

also, what’s the average age of people taking the ski trip? I’m 20.

• 4 Jun 2008 Manoli said

Default_avatar

Hi,
    I’m planning on doing the skiing trip that departs on 2 jan 2009.Which one are you thinking of doing?

• 5 Jun 2008 becs88 said

Default_avatar

hey, i’m planning on doing that one too! although i think its actually the 3rd january (brochure and internet say different things). are you going alone or with friends?

• 11 Jun 2008 Manoli said

Default_avatar

At the moment it’s not all definite…Planning on going with 1 or 2 mates.
    Where are you from?

• 17 Jun 2008 will88 said

Default_avatar

hey guys, i’m going on the 7 day tour on 9th or 10th of Jan so if you guys are going for 2 weeks, then I guess we join you. Going by myself at this stage. Don’t think it really matters cause contiki’s going to be awesome anyway. ;-) I’m from Brisbane in Oz.

• 19 Jun 2008 becs88 said

Default_avatar

manoli: im from sydney, how bout you?
    will: im probably going by myself too, i think lots of people do so doesnt matter.. so have you booked already for the 7 day one?

• 19 Jun 2008 Manoli said

Default_avatar

I’m from Durban,South Africa.If you wanna look me up on facebook my full name is Manoli Stylianou.It’s prob a lot easier to chat and make plans there.

• 26 Jun 2008 Aussie_Meghan21 said

Default_avatar

hey guys, im looking into the trip departing jan 2nd ¿ for 2 weeks of skiing.
    am going by myself tho. anyone else going solo?
    I’ve only skied once before but i loved it

• 28 Jun 2008 will88 said

Default_avatar

becs, i’ve booked and paid for the 7 day trip now so all should be sorted. I was checking out the photos on Facebook, the snow looks awesome!!!! Meghan, we should overlap for the second week. After two weeks on the snow, you’ll be a pro.

• 19 Jul 2008 kb1986 said

Default_avatar

hey hey eveyone! Im seriously considering booking this trip too! Looking at going on 3rd Jan but am not sure whether it will be for one week or two yet! depends what I can get off work! Am 22 from the UK! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 19 Jul 2008 Dina said

Default_avatar

Hey,

I’m booked in for 1 week departing 2nd/3rd Jan. Im still deciding on whether to make my own way to the ski fields or whether to do the long bus trip from london… Any thoughts?

I’ll also be doing Winter Wanderer (Dec 10), so am thinking it may be best to go from Amsterdam to the ski fields… hmmm decision decisions :S

I sooo cannot wait Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 25 Jul 2008 danger_dave said

Default_avatar

I’ve booked and I’m departing 23rd January.

• 16 Aug 2008 becs88 said

Default_avatar

finally booked and put down deposit for 3rd jan.. cant wait!! meghan i’ve only skiied twice and not since 2002 but loved it and i reckon after two weeks we’ll be pretty good. dina i’m doing the long bus trip from london… hope its not too bad…

• 2 Oct 2008 Boardergirl said

Default_avatar

Hi there to you all,
    Well I am on the 23rd for 2 weeks – I did the same this year, IT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!
    I did the bus trip – OMG it is sooooooo long but hey it is at night so you can sleep and it is a nice way to get to know your tour mates.
    I am doing it again on the 23rd jan!!!!
    I am a snowboarder ( yeh the user name kinda gives it away I know!!) I am South African but living in the UK.
    Oh the ages on Contiki are crazy – you can have 2 people the same age but from different places and get on with one and not the other!!! I am 33 and don’t find the ages and issue.
    Well hope to see some of you in Jan/Feb
    Jo

• 18 Oct 2008 Caz said

Default_avatar

Hi HI HIHIHIHI

We’re bookd for the 9/10 Jan week – so i think that means Will88 you will be on my trip! You so should join up he forum conversation we are having about the 9/10 jan.

The reason it says 9/10 is becasue the americans fly over to London on 9th and join us on the 10th, which is when we all arrive in Hopfgarten. Its just for ease of booking!

Can’t wait to meet you all!!

• 20 Oct 2008 aussiegaz said

Default_avatar

im thinking about doing the new years trip, i dno how many ppl are doing it tho?…but i think if i do it i will meet up with the trip that goes on the 23rd..maybe?

• 17 Dec 2008 Explorer1112052 said

Default_avatar

Hey guys, I’m Andy, (29).
    I just got back from a contiki tour the european vista. i did that on my own and i had 21 days of complete fun. And now i’m going to this tour to Austria for the two weeks from the 2nd of jan for the 14 days. I’ll be with two mates. Paul and Trent. We are from melbourne. We’ll be there at the royal national on the 30th of dec. When we get back we are in london for three days too. If anyone is keen to hang out just drop me a line Andrewfry@live.com.au
    Take care people.

• 17 Dec 2008 hoppy76 said

Default_avatar

Hey everyone.. well i will see most of you there as i am staying for 5 weeks!!! :-) I get there on the 20th dec and am travelling alone… Dont think it matters too much though… Many others from Aus going? Perth

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.