Community_discussions_small  

Comment

EuroDiscovery-Aug 26th-Sept 8!!

27 May 2007 Angela said

Default_avatar
Hi everyone!!! Looking to chat with fellow tourmates Smiler
  • 4 Jun 2007 Arvin said

Default_avatar

Yeah you have to pay all at once when you book your flight. That’s true for online, I think it’s the same with travel agencies.

A leftie eh. Well I voted green last time, doesn’t get much nerdier than that Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->. Although I generally lean left, I’m kind of all over the map with my views. It depends on the topic.

Let me know how things go with your tickets.

• 5 Jun 2007 Angela said

Default_avatar

I vote we start a Facebook group! l o l Must… get…off…computer!!

• 6 Jun 2007 Arvin said

Default_avatar

That’s a good idea. I Created “Contiki European Discovery Aug 26th – Sep 8th” group in facebook. See you there. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 7 Jun 2007 Lozza81 said

Default_avatar

Hey guys, how are you both? Just went to travel agent and paid more off the tour! I asked about the dates the tour is departing from London and its all set, we leave the morning of the 28th. I also got a copy of the fax from contiki about the 26th departure being cancelled just to make sure.
    With your question earlier Angela, you can pay a deposit on tours/flights etc thru the travel agents but im not sure about online coz ive only ever booked holidays thru my travel agent. It depends also if you’re getting a really cheap flight, then they want the payment within usually a week or two. With this tour, i booked it in January by putting down a deposit, so as long as it is paid off by 25th June its no probs. I hope that makes sense!
    Anyway, i hope its going good 4 you guys over there, we’re just starting our winter which sucks coz i hate cold weather! But our winter wouldnt come close to yours! Our coldest nites here would be around 0 degrees celcius in the middle of winter! Thats why i always travel in our winter to get away from the cold!

Chat soon Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Only about 80 days 2 go!!!

• 9 Jun 2007 Arvin said

Default_avatar

0 degrees winters, that’s awesome! that would make me hate winters a lot less. We have crazy swing in temperatures here. going from –25 lows in winters to +35 highs in the summer.

Yeah the tour that leaves London on the 28th is considered the 26th on the website. The tour date they set is the the departure date from where you are. Kinda makes things a little confusing. But we are still on the same tour Smiler<!-graemlin::)—>

• 10 Jun 2007 Angela said

Default_avatar

hey everyone!! I’ve been uber busy lately but still missing chats with tourmates!! Winter is my favourite time of year, even in icy Canada! Nothing is better than a cup of hot chocolate Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

BUT I’m loving the warmer weather for the time being! I wonder if anyone else is coming with us on the trip? L o L

• 12 Jun 2007 Arvin said

Default_avatar

Not sure how many people look at the forums, so it might not be that many. Also I’m sitting alone in the facebook group I created, lol.

• 16 Jun 2007 Lozza81 said

Default_avatar

Hey guys, how are you both? Sorry havent written back much lately Ive been working heaps more hours at work to save for this holiday! Im getting so tired but i know its gonna be well worth it!

Last payment for the contiki is due this week so i have to go in friday and pay it off! I cant wait! Then it should be soon after that (maybe mid July) we’ll receive the itinery of all the hotels we’re staying at in each country, it’ll definately feel real then!

Anyhoo i will chat to you guys again soon. Have a great weekend! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 21 Jun 2007 Arvin said

Default_avatar

Doing great, trying to figure out how much cash I’ll be needing, one good thing is that I’ll be getting better exchange rates because I work for a bank (not sure how much yet) and it helps that the Canadian dollar has been kicking ass lately. Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 28 Jun 2007 Sylvia717 said

Default_avatar

Hey Everyone!

I just booked these tour dates today and I’m excited! There were only a few places left on this tour when I booked, so its almost full! I’m flying solo from the US and nervous! I arrive in London at 8:00am on the 27th!

• 29 Jun 2007 Angela said

Default_avatar

Hey Sylvia!! (and the gang!) I’ll be in London on the 25th, so we should all definately explore together! I’m on my own too, but we’re gonna have a blast!!!

• 29 Jun 2007 Sylvia717 said

Default_avatar

Hey Angela!

I’m hoping with my early arrival in London, I’ll have time to check out some sites in London. We are going to have a blast though!

• 30 Jun 2007 Lozza81 said

Default_avatar

Howdy guys, how are you all? And welcome Sylvia to the gang! How old are you and are you staying at the Royal National aswell? I arrive on the 20th so i can spend some time with my friend before the tour, i think we may be in Ireland when you all arrive, but im staying at the royal on the 27th. Can’t wait to meet you all we’re gonna have an awesome time!

Have a good week every1! See ya next month!

• 30 Jun 2007 Sylvia717 said

Default_avatar

Hey Lauren!
    I’ll be 25 by the time the tour starts. I’m staying at the Royal National on the night before the tour starts and one night after the tour ends.

• 1 Jul 2007 Lozza81 said

Default_avatar

Im 25 too, turning 26 in October. Cool so we’re staying there at the same time. Do you leave to fly home straight after the tour? Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 3 Jul 2007 Sylvia717 said

Default_avatar

Yes, I fly straight home after the tour.

What optionals is everyone planning on doing? I want to do them all, but I’m still debating the white water rafting.

• 8 Jul 2007 Lozza81 said

Default_avatar

Same, Im hoping to all the extras too. Definately white water rafting, Ive been to Bali twice and did it there both times, although the weather was a lot warmer. The only thing is im scared of heights so that may get in the way but hopefully not! Im gonna try to be strong!!!

Have a good week everyone! Keep saving!

• 8 Jul 2007 Angela said

Default_avatar

hey everyone!! Im waiting to get my tour info in the mail, but I hope to do all the extras too!! Ive been working like mad to save but it’ll all be worth it! 45 days I think Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Hope everyone is well Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 9 Jul 2007 Sylvia717 said

Default_avatar

I’m sooooo excitied!!!! If everyone else does the rafting, I guess I will too. I’ll just have to mentally prepare myself for the freezing cold water, haha. I can’t wait to receive my tour packet in the mail either! I’m saving money and trying to pay most of the tour off before I leave. I’m looking forward to making lots of new friends!!!!

• 9 Jul 2007 Arvin said

Default_avatar

Hi All

I’m going to be doing all the extras too. I’ve heard that you might catch a cold from doing rafting but I still want to try it. I’m really pumped and looking forward to everything.

I wish I could come earlier to explore London a bit more, but I have a wedding to go to.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.