Community_discussions_small  

Comment

EuroDiscovery-Aug 26th-Sept 8!!

27 May 2007 Angela said

Default_avatar
Hi everyone!!! Looking to chat with fellow tourmates Smiler
  • 10 Jul 2007 Ro said

Default_avatar

Hi guys, i will be on the tour alone.I am from South Africa and this will be my first trip to the UK.I am thrilled beyond belief!!!! Will be exploring London after the tour – can’t wait.Looking forward to meeting all of you. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 10 Jul 2007 Angela said

Default_avatar

arvin-check the mail!! I got my docs today! ( I say this bc we are both from T.O)

Hi Ro Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> It’s really exciting now that its 45 days away!!! Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> I’m doing London for 2 days before and Paris for one day after! Welcome Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 11 Jul 2007 Sylvia717 said

Default_avatar

I want my travel documents! Pooh! Frowner<!--graemlin::(--> Hey Ro!

• 11 Jul 2007 Arvin said

Default_avatar

Welcome Ro!

Thanks Angela, got one of those Canada Post notices in my mail box. Going to Fairview Mall post office to pick it up today. Sweet! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

Default_avatar

So what kind of clothes is everyone packing? I don’t know what to bring and I’m trying to pack light. HELP!!

• 11 Jul 2007 Arvin said

Default_avatar

Whatever I can fit into a suitcase. lol. I’m thinking a couple of pairs of shoes (One for walking and one for going out at night.) probably a few casual cloths (shorts, t-sirts), and a couple of nicer cloths for going out. Grabbing my ipod for sure. The rest is the usual like toothbrush, razor, etc. Did I miss anything?

Default_avatar

I don’t know if I need to pack clothes for warmer weather or for cooler weather.

• 11 Jul 2007 Arvin said

Default_avatar

Ah I see. I did some research on the net and also asked a few people and from the responses I got it should still be pretty warm during the day but it will get chilly at night so bringing a few light sweaters or a jacket would be advisable.

• 11 Jul 2007 Angela said

Default_avatar

hey everyone! I just bought my very first luggage! I don’t have very many clothes, I hope I still don’t overpack!!

All I need now is a few memory cards for my.. guess it… first digital camera!! Gosh Im a geek!

• 11 Jul 2007 Ro said

Default_avatar

Hi guys

I am freaking out a bit. I started packing yesterday and well i think i have exceeded the 20kg limit and i am only half done. Our South African winters are equivalent to european summers so i am packing alot of sweaters just in case and the rest are capri pants, jeans,skirts and t-shirts. what about money? Are you guys taking travellers cheques or using atm cards? I read in the contiki travellers guide that we need to take an overnight bag as well. I don’t know whether it applies to our tour?

• 12 Jul 2007 Arvin said

Default_avatar

Angela – I’m getting my memory from Canada Computers. Not sure what camera you have but I’m picking up this one for my Canon
    4GB SD Card

Ro – Is the limit based on the airline you are traveling with? I also wonder how much extra you have to pay per KG. hmmm…

• 12 Jul 2007 Sylvia717 said

Default_avatar

I want to start packing, but I’m trying not to. I have been shopping and buying everything I need to pack. Need to start organizing my music for my mp3 player. I want my tour packet!

• 13 Jul 2007 Arvin said

Default_avatar

I still haven’t received mine either. Finally got my passport though. And yeah mp3 player is essential. Have to go search for some electrical converters to be able to charge there.

• 15 Jul 2007 Lozza81 said

Default_avatar

Hey everyone! Sorry its taken me so long to reply, had a hectic week! Welcome Ro, where abouts in South Africa are you from?
    My suitcase is also out, havent fully packed just putting in things now that i dont need til then. I went to Melbourne in April for work for 2 nights and my suitcase weighed 20kg! So im stressing a bit thinking how am i gonna pack for 1 month!!!
    Anyway guys, i’ll chat 2 you all soon. 43 days to go!!

• 15 Jul 2007 Ro said

Default_avatar

Hi guys

I just realised thst my bag alone weights 5kgs which is a problem. I am from KZN in SA, a small town called Pietermaritzburg. It is sandwiched between the sea and the mountains.I decided to throw out half the clothes i orginally packed and hopefully that will do. I still have gifts to buy for family and myself – cant resist a bit of shopping!!!

• 16 Jul 2007 Angela said

Default_avatar

hi everyone! I haven’ even thought of what to pack! I’m starting to worry,bc I cut my hair and of course, it’s not easy to take care of so I need a zillion productsFrowner<!--graemlin::(-->

Arvin, thanks for the link! I bought a memory card from there over the weekend!!

Hope everyone is well!!!

Is it safe to leave my luggage at the hotel in room pre tour?? I’m worried bc a total stranger will be in there…. maybe im paranoid!! After the trip I book a hostel in Paris… I’m also worried about that!! Any suggestions??

• 16 Jul 2007 Sylvia717 said

Default_avatar

I didn’t even think about leaving my suitcase at the hotel while hanging out in London. I guess I’m just going to lock it and hope for the best.

I get so fustrated packing. I’m not even going to try to pack until August gets here.

• 18 Jul 2007 Arvin said

Default_avatar

you’re welcome Angela. I wouldn’t worry about leaving your luggage at the hotel. I think it should be safe, just leave a lock on it. Besides it’s not like you’ll be able to lug the thing around the city anyways.

• 18 Jul 2007 pamegirlrn said

Default_avatar

Hello everyone. My husband and I are doing this tour. We are so excited. WE are both 25 y/o conning from Maryland, USA. Look forward to meeting everyone!!!

• 18 Jul 2007 pamegirlrn said

Default_avatar

I’ve done some research and I was told that women are not alowed to wear shorts or capris in the Vatican City and some of the cathedrals. They have to wear dresses or long pants! May be a helpful hint for some.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion