Community_discussions_small  

Comment

EuroDiscovery-Aug 26th-Sept 8!!

27 May 2007 Angela said

Default_avatar
Hi everyone!!! Looking to chat with fellow tourmates Smiler
  • 19 Jul 2007 Arvin said

Default_avatar

Welcome pamegirl. That’s good info to know. I wonder if there are any dress code for guys.

• 20 Jul 2007 Lozza81 said

Default_avatar

Hey everyone, Ive been told to take a power board too coz it comes in handy and definately a travel pillow. I found out that it will cost me AUD$45 per kilo that i am over with my luggage! Oh well, its not often you get to go to Europe so hopefully it wont be too much over 20kg!
    Ro, a Pharmacist i work with comes from Johannesburg thats why i was wondering where exactly you were from!
    Welcome Pamegirl, great to hear from more people on our tour!
    Not long now guys, about 5 & a half weeks 2 go!!

• 21 Jul 2007 pamegirlrn said

Default_avatar

I don’t think there is a dress code for men in the Vatican. Maybe long pants too though??? Is this everyone’s first contiki trip? My husband and I are worried about the light packing too.

• 22 Jul 2007 Lozza81 said

Default_avatar

Its my first contiki tour too. Im not too concerned with the packing, im taking a good size cabin suitcase and its within the measure requirements so just need to keep it under 7 kg. My friend that lives in London said there may not be snow in Switzerland coz its summer so not to pack big jackets etc like i was going to.

• 22 Jul 2007 Ro said

Default_avatar

Hello fellow travellers!!!

Welcome Pamegirlrn, thanks for Vatican City tip-will dress appropriately.It’s my first trip as well so i am very nervous and want be prepared for the unexpected.

Lozza- Johannesburg is 5 hours away from where i live. I often go up to visit with friends.It’s the city of gold!!!

I am also opting to travel light and pack the essentials. Jackets are usually heavy so thanks for that Lozza.

• 23 Jul 2007 Arvin said

Default_avatar

Hi all

I thought this would be a good buy, I think I’m gonna pick one up.
    Voltage converter and plug adapters

It has plug adapters for all countries including UK and Europe. Plus has a nice voltage converter for those of us traveling from 110v countries like US and Canada.

Hope this helps.

• 23 Jul 2007 Angela said

Default_avatar

Welcome Pam (and hubby!) It’s my first Contiki and actual vacation ever and I’m very excited!

Thanks Arvin, you are our personal deal finder that’s for sure!

Have we all decided which optionals are worth it??

Hope everyone is well Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 24 Jul 2007 Arvin said

Default_avatar

I still haven’t got the itinerary from contiki so I have no idea what the options are yet. Frowner<!--graemlin::(-->

• 25 Jul 2007 Ro said

Default_avatar

Arvin – I have an electronic copy from my travel agent. I will upload it facebook.

• 25 Jul 2007 Arvin said

Default_avatar

Thanks Ro!

So far my top picks are the following

White Water Rafting (Euro 37.00) tyrol
    Canal Cruise (Euro 27.50) Amsterdam
    Gondola Ride (Euro 21.00) Venice
    Guided Imperial Tour (Euro 11.00) Rome
    Lake Lucerne Cruise (SF 24.00)
    Mt. Stanserhorn (SF 41.00)

What do you guys think?

• 25 Jul 2007 pamegirlrn said

Default_avatar

Arvin,
    WE were looking to do some of the same excursions. They sound like so much fun! Haven’t recieved anything from contiki yet either. Anyone Flying out of US?
    Pam

• 25 Jul 2007 Arvin said

Default_avatar

Hey Pamegirl

I haven’t received it either but Ro was nice enough to post her electronic copy on the facebook group. I’ll post the options here as well.

warovski Crystal World (Euro 6.50)
    Swarovski Crystal is world famous for its high quality and exceptional beauty. Visit the newly renovated museum in Wattens, to view incredible displays of light, colour and sound. See the world’s largest and smallest crystals, and the unique ‘Crystal Wall

White Water Rafting (Euro 37.00)
    Experience the thrills of white water rafting in the most picturesque setting imaginable! You’ll travel through rapids in the company of your tour mates and a highly professional rafting team. Full equipment (including safety helmets and wet suits) is inc

Your choice in Amsterdam
    Canal Cruise (Euro 27.50)
    A cruise on Amsterdam’s world-famous canals is the perfect way to see this wonderful city. You’ll pass many famous sights including Dutch gabled houses, the Anne Frank house, churches and the Red Light District. The included beer, wine, soft-drinks and sn
    Your choice in St. Goar

Wine Tasting (Euro 8.00)
    A chance to sample and learn about some of the most famous wines of the Rhine region of Germany. There’s also the opportunity to purchase some of your favourites! Don’t leave your tasting glass behind – it’s yours to keep.

Your choice in Venice
    Gondola Ride (Euro 21.00)
    No trip to Venice is complete without a ride on the canals in a world-famous gondola. Take in the sights, savour every minute and treasure this truly memorable Venetian experience.

Venetian Restaurant (Euro 28.00)
    Our chosen venue guarantees a warm and friendly welcome in true Venetian fashion. You’ll enjoy a superb selection of local specialities and some local wine, making it an unforgettable evening in one of the most romantic cities in the world.

Your choice in Rome
    Guided Imperial Tour (Euro 11.00 (10-19 people)/Euro 10.00 (20+ people))
    Join a local guide for an excursion back in time. You’ll wander across the cobbled stones of the Roman Forum, marvel at the Colosseum and learn why the glory of Imperial Rome still stands out in the history of Western culture.

Your choice in Paris
    Nouvelle Eve Dinner and Show (Euro 107.00)
    Enjoy an evening at Nouvelle Eve, one of the top cabaret shows in Paris. Situated near Montmartre, the show is an extravaganza of dancers, exquisite costumes and comedy acts. The sumptuous three-course meal and drinks (including champagne during the show)

Your choice in Lucerne
    Lake Lucerne Cruise (SF 24.00)
    Take in the spectacular alpine scenery aboard our own private cruise on stunning Lake Lucerne. Enjoy the majestic beauty of the wooded mountains and picturesque villages reflecting in the tranquil waters of Lake Lucerne (one drink included).

Mt. Stanserhorn (SF 41.00)
    Don’t miss the opportunity to travel 1,920m (6,300 ft) to the top of Mt. Stanserhorn. The trip includes a funicular train and aerial cable car. From the summit you’ll enjoy panoramic views over the magnificent Swiss Alps.
    Your choice in Florence

Tuscan Dinner (Euro 38.00)
    ‘La Certosa’ is a charming 16th Century building set in the scenic Tuscan hills. It’s the venue for our truly traditional Tuscan evening. Begin with a cocktail and an excellent antipasta buffet. Next is delicious freshly made pasta and a wonderfully aroma

Space Electronic Disco (Euro 11.00)
    A chance to dance the night away at Florence’s largest night-spot. Your first drink is included in the price and will get you started for an evening of fun. Enjoy the great music and maybe take the opportunity to show off your karaoke skill.

Souvenir Group Photo (Euro 11.00)
    A photo of you and all of your new friends is the perfect souvenir from your tour. The photo will be taken with a panorama of Florence in the background or in one of the city’s famous piazzas.

Default_avatar

All my Travel documents came today. I am so excited. They came to my travel agent and she got them to me. Everything came in this cool little pouch thing.
    I have a face book account. How do I find you all?

• 25 Jul 2007 Sylvia717 said

Default_avatar

Welcome Pam!
    I’m flying out of the US. And I want my travel documents! I can’t wait to get them. I think I’m going to do most of the optionals, I know I’m probably going to skip on the Crystal though. I’m so excitied!! I can’t wait for August to get here so I can start packing. Hope everyone is doing well!

Default_avatar

sylvia,
    What airport do you leave the us from? WE fly to JFK-NY then to London? It would be cool if we flew together.
    Pam

• 25 Jul 2007 Sylvia717 said

Default_avatar

Hey Pam,

I fly from Columbia to Chicago to London. What time does you and your husband’s flight arrive in London? Mine arrives at 8am.

Default_avatar

6am. You have a red-eye flight too huh? well we’ll get there around the same time. Look forward to meeting you all!

• 29 Jul 2007 Lozza81 said

Default_avatar

Hey everyone! I received my documents last week too, how official does it feel now!! Im thinking i might not do the dinner and show in Paris, its a bit pricey! Although if everyone decides to go im happy to go along. Im going to start writing some lists today im so scared i’ll forget something!
    Have a great week everyone. Chat to you all soon! 29 days….!

• 31 Jul 2007 Sylvia717 said

Default_avatar

I got my travel documents today!! yay!! I’m so excited now. Tomorrow is August 1st, which means I’m going to start trying to pack. Is everyone bringing maxium size luggage, I’m scared about the 20kg limit.

• 31 Jul 2007 Ro said

Default_avatar

I am taking the max size luggage and trying to keep its contents to a min in case i buy stuff. I’m doing all the extras – i heard its worth it.
    I cant wait either. I will see you guys soon!!!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion