Community_discussions_small  

Comment

EuroDiscovery-Aug 26th-Sept 8!!

27 May 2007 Angela said

Default_avatar
Hi everyone!!! Looking to chat with fellow tourmates Smiler
  • 11 Aug 2007 Sylvia717 said

Default_avatar

I was going to buy a PACSAFE bag as my day bag. But I couldn’t justify the cost. So I got a messenger bag with a flap and the zippered compartment is covered by the flap. Are we meeting at the hotel or at the resturant? I’d prefer meeting at the hotel and then walking somewhere. Like I said… scared of being alone, haha.

• 12 Aug 2007 Ro said

Default_avatar

Hello Hello!!!!

We have 2 weeks to go – i am very nervous
    I think we should meet at the contiki basement and then walk together. I am also freaked out about getting lost in London.

• 12 Aug 2007 pamegirlrn said

Default_avatar

The basement is at the Royal National Hotel, Beford way. Its like Russell Square or something.
    WE are getting there early like 630am so we will dropp our stuff off and go sight seeing for a while. Nervous about taking the train to find the Hotel.

• 12 Aug 2007 Lozza81 said

Default_avatar

Hey every1! Tell me about it, im really nervous too, i know what you mean Ro about the long flight! I leave here in 6 days and fly straight to Singapore which is a 7 and a half hour flight, then have 5 or 6 hours stopover there, then have a 13 and a half hour flight from Singapore to London. Im glad my friend is going to meet me at Heathrow so i dont have to catch the tube alone, she’s been there for 5 months now so she knows where to go.
    I’ll try to be at the Basement of the Royal around 11ish to meet up with you all. Dont worry Sylvia about being shy, i am too so this will be good for us travelling alone. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    Ok well i’ll post you guys again b4 i leave this weekend! Good luck every1 with your packing!! See you in 2 weeks! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 13 Aug 2007 Arvin said

Default_avatar

How about we all meet at The Basement at 11:45. My plane lands at 9:55 so I should be able to make it there on time. In case anyone needs to contact me my cell number is 416-400-8441.

• 13 Aug 2007 Sylvia717 said

Default_avatar

11:45am at the basement sounds great to me! I can’t wait!! Oh and my UK cell number is 447924412157, I’ll be turning my phone on as soon as I’m able to when I touch down in London. Yay!

• 15 Aug 2007 jonnyboy said

Default_avatar

alright girls im going on the tour aswell it should be sweet ill be 21 on the 28 of august on the tour soo ill be expecting presents Razzer<!--graemlin::p--> nah im kidding

xxx

• 15 Aug 2007 Angela said

Default_avatar

Welcome Johnny and everyone!! I am SOO excited, I really can’t wait!!

So we are all meeting at the Contiki basement and the Royal at 11:45 on the 27th? Sounds awesome! Does anyone have any plans for the night?? We have that pre tour meeting at 7 I believe, but we have the rest of the night off? What shall we do??

9 days for me!!

• 15 Aug 2007 Angela said

Default_avatar

hi girls! I hate to sound like a ditz, but is anyone bringing a hair dryer or straightener?? I don’t know if I should, especially because it takes me over an hour when I use them. Maybe it’s best to just go au naturel aka unruly waves?? L O L

• 15 Aug 2007 pamegirlrn said

Default_avatar

No I am not taking a hair dryer or Iron. Didn’t want the extra weight. I’ll be all natural with you.

WE will plan on being in the basement at 1145 to meet everyone!

• 16 Aug 2007 Ro said

Default_avatar

Hi guys and welcome johnny!!!

It’s 9 days for me as well. I just started a new job this week so things have been a bit hectic.
    I am taking my hair straightner – i cant live without it and my hair is super crap without it now that its much longer. I dont have a travel size hair hairdryer so i am hoping the hotels will have it. I dont mind sharing my hair straightner.

I dont have any plans for the evening of the 28th after pre tour drinks so i will be keen to do something.

Later
    Ro

• 16 Aug 2007 jonnyboy said

Default_avatar

what we do that night is up to you

• 16 Aug 2007 kay said

Default_avatar

Hi everyone. I’ll be 22 by the time the tour starts. I’m going alone and will be in London on the 25th. So I will have time to explore London. I’m soooo excited, but a bit nervous about traveling alone. look forward to meeting everyone!!

• 16 Aug 2007 Arvin said

Default_avatar

Welcome Jonny and Kay

Yes we are all meeting at the Contiki basement at the Royal at 11:45 on the 27th.

As for after the pre tour meeting. I wouldn’t mind exploring the London night life. A nice lounge perhaps. I’m up for anything.

• 16 Aug 2007 Sylvia717 said

Default_avatar

Welcome Jonny & Kay!!

I am bring a hair straightener. I have a wet to straight one so I dont have to worry about a blow dryer. Ill probably wear my hair curly most of the time though, but bringing it just in case. I’ve been so slack, but this weekend I’m going to try to get all my packing done so I have a week to get last minute things. I can’t wait to meet you guys and the rest of our tour mates!

• 17 Aug 2007 Lozza81 said

Default_avatar

Hey every1! Im so excited i leave in less than 2 days!!! Firstly, welcome to Jonny and Kay, its great 2 see our group getting bigger! Where are you both from?
    And im also taking my hair straightener, i have naturally curly hair so cant live without it! Hoping that hotels will have hairdryers 2 coz mine is 2 big 2 pack.
    I’ll be there at 11:45am, if anyone wants to contact me, my mobile no is 0413 905 577.
    So this is my last post from Australia guys, gotta work tomorrow and last minute packing tomorrow night, so i will post a message and let you know any helpful hints when i am in London. I arrive there on Monday morning. Have fun packing and i will see you all in 10 days!
    Safe trip every1! Eeker<!--graemlin::eek:-->

• 17 Aug 2007 jonnyboy said

Default_avatar

london

• 19 Aug 2007 Sylvia717 said

Default_avatar

AHHH!!! I leave in a week. I’m so excited, nervous, freaked out… and I gotta pack this week.

• 24 Aug 2007 Lozza81 said

Default_avatar

Hi everyone! I arrived in London on monday morning. It has rained everyday but supposed to be fining up this weekend. Done heaps of sightseeing, piccadilly circus, buckingham palace, thames river cruise, abbey road, harrods, saw big ben and havent done the london eye yet, waiting for the clouds to clear. Tubes are good, confusing at first but it doesnt take long to get used to. Its quite easy now.
    Cant wait to see every1 we’re gonna have a ball!
    Flight was long but watched lots of movies so it wasnt too bad.
    Well hope you all have good and safe flights and my uk mobile number is 07942674166. See ya soon!!!!! Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

• 24 Aug 2007 Sylvia717 said

Default_avatar

I’m glad to hear you made it there safetly Lauren! I can’t wait until I leave on Sunday. I’m having the hardest time packing my suitcase. I’m afraid I’m going to be over the 20kg limit Frowner<!--graemlin::(--> I took out so much stuff already, I’ll just hope for the best. One more day of work for me and I’ll be leaving the US Sunday evening!! Can’t wait to meet everyone!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.