Community_discussions_small  

Question

Grand Southern - 9 June 2011 (LA - NY)???

26 Oct 2010 Dani1811 asked

Default_avatar
Hey, is there anyone booked for the Grand Southern for the 9 June 2011????
  • 9 Nov 2010 Explorer1215389 said

Default_avatar

Im not worried bout my age im 24 and will be peaking when i get there i have changed a thousand over for the time being and will prob change another 2000 on to a travel card and another 500 in cash is that enough ?

• 9 Nov 2010 Dani1811 said

Default_avatar

Hey Mayrah, I’m doing the tour on my own but am flying to canada to meet up with my sister and we are going to mexico together for her birthday lol and she’s booking it (lord help me lol) when they have the packages come out in feb or march i think. I dont think it will be a tour tho.

• 10 Nov 2010 Mayrah said

Mayrah

@ David…i think that would be alright…i think it depends on the person itself on how much your really wanna spend….. ive changed some money for my cash passport card and had some cash as well… well our dollar is stronger than US at the moment so we are really lovin it!!!

@ Dani…have a great time with your sis….Cant wait for 2011 to hurry up…im just so in the mood for a holiday!!!

• 10 Nov 2010 Explorer1215389 said

Default_avatar

I guess it all depends on how much i drink, i cant wait ! Fingers crossed the time flies by.

• 10 Nov 2010 Dani1811 said

Default_avatar

Hey Mayrah…thanks!!!

I cant wait either, i just keep telling myself first xmas, then easter then the holiday lol

• 10 Nov 2010 Explorer1215389 said

Default_avatar

I never recieved ur email address dani where was i meant to get it? Pretty much how im thinking plenty of things to keep me occupied whilst i wait for the trip

• 10 Nov 2010 Dani1811 said

Default_avatar

Umm not sure where i sent my email address lol but ill just post it on here its daniellerout111@hotmail.com.

Well i hope not all days drag on as long as today is!

• 11 Nov 2010 Telma said

Default_avatar

Hi! I just booked the Grand Southern for June 9th and will be following it up with the New York Explorer July 5th. I’m from California- but I’ve never travelled across the US. I will be travelling solo, so a little nervous- but mostly excited. We will have so much fun!

• 11 Nov 2010 Dani1811 said

Default_avatar

Woo hoo another one for the trip!!! How long does the new york explorer go for?

• 11 Nov 2010 Telma said

Default_avatar

It’s only four days… but sounds like its filled with a ton of stuff. PLUS- we will be in New York for our Fourth of July which means fireworks over the water and around the Statue of Liberty. I think that will be amazing. I’m searching online for a party boat for that evening!

• 12 Nov 2010 Mayrah said

Mayrah

welcome to the group explorer 1212421….Thats what im excited as well coz i checked our tour ages ago and found out that our tour ends in NY on independence day!!!! do you know any parties or exciting things to do in NY for Independence Day?? cant wait!!!

• 13 Nov 2010 Telma said

Default_avatar

Hi Mayrah! I’ve been searching online for the best way to celebrate the 4th… From what I can gather- rooftop champagne parties are very popular, that way you can see the arial fireworks displays. Cheap- but would need to find a party. Or we can get on a party boat around the Statue of Liberty and see the fireworks from there. I will let you know more details at I find them!

• 14 Nov 2010 Mayrah said

Mayrah

cool cool…..i will find out some stuff from a few friends of mine that live in NY as well….2011 should hurry up i think!!!

• 15 Nov 2010 Stephi.b said

Default_avatar

Hey Guys,
    My friend Olivia & I are doing the Eastern Discovery, so we join you guys in New Orleans! We are so very excited! We are staying in NY for 5 days after the tour! 4th of July is going to be amazing in NYC!!!
    xx

• 17 Nov 2010 Jess33 said

Default_avatar

Hi Everyone,
    My friend Nicole and I are both booked in for the Grand Southern June 9th! Sooo Sooo excited! We’re both from Melbourne, Australia and its our first Big Trip away!
    Due to our limited Annual Leave from work we’re spending some time in New York first, then fly to LA and spend some time there before we start Contiki. Looking forward to Independence Day in New York! A cruise around the statue of liberty at night would be amazing…. i just wonder what time we get back though???
    only 7 months to go Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    Jess xo

• 17 Nov 2010 Jess33 said

Default_avatar

UPDATE: just spoke with a Contiki consultant on the phone, we’re not expected to get to New York on 4th July until approx 5pm…. and she said being that its a holiday we could have traffic delays etc Frowner<!--graemlin::(--> the cruises that i’ve found so far all leave around 5pm!

• 17 Nov 2010 Explorer1215389 said

Default_avatar

Surely majority will rule and possibly be able to leave a little earlier so we get back for those things

• 18 Nov 2010 OllieAus said

Default_avatar

Hey Jess33

Im also from Melbourne doing the tour, we join you guys in New Orlands, if you email me we could get in contact before the trip, im also going with my friend, would be good to know some people before the trip

Cant wait to go! =)

olivia_roxs_@hotmail.com

• 18 Nov 2010 Explorer1215389 said

Default_avatar

Hey im David from melbourne also but im travelling solo my email address is pinczewski@hotmail.com

• 21 Nov 2010 Mayrah said

Mayrah

So good to know that heaps of aussies are doin this trip!!!!! and of course so exciting to meet some new friends all over the world!!! hurry up june 2011!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.