Community_discussions_small  

Question

Grand Southern - 9 June 2011 (LA - NY)???

26 Oct 2010 Dani1811 asked

Default_avatar
Hey, is there anyone booked for the Grand Southern for the 9 June 2011????
  • 27 Feb 2011 Telma said

Default_avatar

Hi all! It sounds as if a bunch of us will be arriving at the hotel in LA a day before the Grand Southern begins. I would love to go downtown and see the Hollywood Walk of Fame and Mann’s Chinese Theatre. Maybe check out Rodeo Drive… basically be a typical tourist. If anyone else is interested, we could plan an afternoon of it!

• 8 Mar 2011 Explorer1091115 said

Explorer1091115

13 weeks to go guys…time is starting to fly. I just looked into the baseball if anyone is keen. There is games on the 7,8,9,10. Ticket prices range from 5-15 dollars for the Bleachers which wouldnt be so much fun, average ticket and good area is about 70 – 85 or you can go 30 bucks, which is up high behind home plate. People who want a good experience can pay 200+ if you like. Tickets dont go on sale for few more days for the season. I dont know how quick they sell out but being a National Holiday that week New York may be busy. Also spoke to mate about a Disney land if anyone had plans going there before the trip and he said its better to pre-purchase tickets because you may get stuck if you choose to rock up on the day if they have sold to many pre-purchase to tours and hotels, very unlikely but did hear of it when he was there living

Dave WA

• 9 Mar 2011 Mayrah said

Mayrah

Most definitely going to the baseball game….which website can we purchase tickets???? we will see i think 70 to 85 is okay but the 200 bucks would be awesome!!!! just update us how we can purchase this tickets…with regards to disneyland my good friend that stays in LA told me that the Orlando one is heaps better and bigger so its better off we go there and experience the warner brothers studios, hollywood walk of fame and others…..but if u guys got the time why not!!!! Can’t WAit!!!!

• 12 Mar 2011 Stephi.b said

Default_avatar

We have pre-booked our tickets to Disneyland, we have 3 days there before we come meet you guys in New Orleans. We are all so going to Universal Studios in Orlando while one the tour, so we can go to Harry Potter World, we have also pre-brpught our tickets for that. I think, Dave is right pre-buying tickets is the way to go, less que time more ride time!!!

• 12 Mar 2011 Explorer1091115 said

Explorer1091115

I did a Tour two years ago through Europe with contiki and on the first day they go through all the extras they we do as a group at a extra cost but this allows them to get numbers and phone ahead so usually the lines are less this way, but dont quote me on that. Pretty sure they would do the same type of thing in the US.

with the baseball tickets just go to the Yankees website and have a look….I dont know if u guys wont to wait till the tour starts then see who is kicking on in New York for a few days and go in a big group…..i can see how quick the tickets sell out for the first few games and see if 3 weeks in advance is enough for everyone

• 12 Mar 2011 katodadon said

katodadon

Just thought Id let those keen know that you can purchase tickets to sports events on www.ticketstub.com. Not sure if there’s a markup on them or not though. I havent used the site myself yet, but will be checking it out when I go on the Grand Southern in Dec!

• 12 Mar 2011 Mayrah said

Mayrah

Thanks guys for the advice… we will definitely pre-book…less hassle and save us time to explore more things and sites!!!

• 13 Mar 2011 Katrina said

Default_avatar

Hi everyone, my sis and i are also booked on this tour!! We are from brisbane and leaving for LA on the 3rd June!!! We are doing the NY Explorer at the end!!! Then we go on to do the Grand Northern Tour!!! Can’t wait to go not long now!!!

• 13 Mar 2011 Michael said

Michael

I’m doing LA To the Bay on June 8 and will be in LA on the 7th! Can’t wait..Maybe I’ll see some of you there?

• 27 Mar 2011 Alarna55 said

Default_avatar

Hi everyone…..first time overseas and really excited….just have get through my exams then its America time!! Anyways me and my best friend are flying out of Brisbane on the 7th and then thinking straight to disneyland when we get in (bus that goes straight from airport and stores luggage) then we were thinking site seeing on the 8th….anyone want to meet up?

• 29 Mar 2011 Kristyn said

Kristyn

Hey guys!! Yes i’m all booked in for this one…La to New Orleans departing LA on 9 June 2011…(Southern Adventure) it is part of the Grand Southern!! Can’t wait! email me at kristynperry@live.com.au

• 29 Mar 2011 Kristyn said

Kristyn

Dani!! I am also staying there at Kyoto the two nights before Contiki!!

• 13 Apr 2011 Jess33 said

Default_avatar

Hey guys!
    Not too long now hey? Both my friend Nicole and I are very very excited! We got all out contiki paperwork from the travel agent today…. pretty pumped now its real! eeek! Cant wait for Miami and New York!
    See you all very soon
    Jess
    x

• 18 Apr 2011 Explorer1091115 said

Explorer1091115

64 sleeps to go until the good times roll…..
    Those kickin on after the tour in new york there is a good tour that runs up to the niagara falls for the day which takes u into Canada also, its a plane ride and all the usual stuff back to your hotel in new york, not to bad on the price but with that dollar things are looking pretty cheap when we travel.

• 26 Apr 2011 Bec said

Default_avatar

Hey Guys!! i made up a facebook group thing for us all to join!!
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_218880628123276
    Not long to go now!!!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.