Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Sex & the City Tour

13 Sep 2008 Stephanie said

Default_avatar
I am wanting to do the Sex and the City tour in New York - has anyone done it? Is it worth it? What do you actually do?
  • 13 Sep 2008 Christine said

Christine

Hi Stephanie

Two of my friends have been on the tour. The have a really good photo of both of them sitting on Carries steps. They went to the cupcake shop and I think you also go to Chris Noth’s bar.
    I’m definitely going on it next year when I’m over there.

• 13 Sep 2008 Mel said

Default_avatar

i havent done it but am thinking i will def do it when i go in May next year for sure….would be great to have photos in all the famous spots !

• 14 Sep 2008 amylou said

Default_avatar

i did one in 2005 and it was pretty good. We got to go to carrie’s apartment for photos on the steps, ate a cupcake at Magnolia Bakery had a cosmo at Aiden and Steve’s bar and went to some adult store that charlotte brought her rabbit from hehe! And also to get there we were on a bus and they showed different snippets of the show and then we would see (drive past) the bits of the show they showed on tv.. like they showed a clip of carrie seeing the movie by herself at the Paris cinema and then we drove by it.. also the church that samantha goes to with the monk guy…also we got a little booklet with addresses of other places.. it was pretty good!

• 16 Sep 2008 LeahSFX said

LeahSFX

This tour is a must for any fan…!
    Ive done it a few times and its brilliant… Carrie’s stoop, Magnolia cupcakes, Aidan and Steve’s bar, The church of Friar F*ck, The place they got the rabbit… loads of fun and the tour guide was an extra in the show and has loads of gossip… sit up front!

• 16 Sep 2008 Explorer1085990 said

Default_avatar

Chris Noth’s bar? Or Steve’s bar? Or does Chris Noth have a bar in real-life? Hey I was just wondering, I’ve been reading tripadvisor reviews and something has suddenly come to my attention- how old do you have to be to do the Sex and the City tour???? Rahh, USA has so many age restrictions!

• 19 Sep 2008 Jess Knight said

Jess Knight

If you want to do the Sex and the City tour, you might want to book it online before you leave because I left it till I got to NY and then missed out because it was booked out. Which was pretty dissapointing, but Im gonna make sure I book it beforehand next time!

• 20 Sep 2008 Christine said

Christine
    quote:
    Originally posted by Explorer1085990:
    Chris Noth’s bar? Or Steve’s bar? Or does Chris Noth have a bar in real-life? Hey I was just wondering, I’ve been reading tripadvisor reviews and something has suddenly come to my attention- how old do you have to be to do the Sex and the City tour???? Rahh, USA has so many age restrictions!

I think you go to both. Steve’s bar from the series and Chris Noth’s real bar. It’s either a jazz or a blues bar. I watched some travel show and they took you on the tour and they went to his bar and did an interview with him.

• 20 Sep 2008 Rebecca said

Default_avatar

DO IT!!
    It’s awesome!!
    But, don’t be last back onthe bus after visiting the sex shop, or you have to show the whole bus what you bought….

I was last back on the bus Frowner<!--graemlin::(-->

• 20 Sep 2008 Explorer1085990 said

Default_avatar

Rebecca- LOL that’s awesome
    Jess- since the SATC is an optional we don’t need to worry about booking it beforehand should we? Isn’t that the TM’s job?

• 22 Sep 2008 tamara_perth said

tamara_perth

Hi

I did the SATC tour just a couple of days before the movie came out and LOVED it.
    Yes, our tour manager booked it for us as it is an optional. You can’t sit on Carrie’s steps anymore, we could just take a photo from across the street but it was still cool. I got a great SATC book from the pleasure chest, cup cake from Magnolia Bakery and a cosmo from Steve and Aidens bar. It was a great trip and the tour guide was really good. You could tell she loved the show.

If you are a fan, it’s a must!!!!

• 18 Nov 2008 special_kas said

Default_avatar

Hey I read the tour goes to a Manolo Blahnik, and Jimmy Choo store is this true cause I love my shoes.

• 18 Nov 2008 tamara_perth said

tamara_perth

Hi

The tour I did, didn’t stop at any of the stores like Jimmy Choo’s, i’m sorry Frowner<!--graemlin::(-->

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion