Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Luggage, Laptops, and Tipping

9 Jul 2007 herinapotter said

Default_avatar
I actually have a few questions, so here I go.

I'm doing the Grand Adventurer that starts August 2. I've never had to pack for a two-week vacation before, and I'm worried about running out of room for clothing in my suitcase (since I have one smaller than the limitation). My main question for that backstory is this: Is there ever a chance to wash our clothes in a laundromat or the like? Also, how many people bring the largest luggage they're allowed, or do they find they don't need to bring too much anyway?

Okay, so that's question one. Haha.

When I bought my laptop a few months ago, I went for the small, light, portable with traveling in mind. It has been no question in my mind that I was going to take it with me... until now. Would that be a terrible idea to bring my laptop? I want it for picture- and video-storage, as well as a journal-keeping. I can't imagine not bringing it, unless it's not a smart move.

In the same vein, I've heard that we don't need to bring any kind of outlet converter for our appliances. Is this true?

And lastly... my friend's mom worked for Air New Zealand in the 70s, so she lent me all these outdated books about NZ. In one of the books it talks about tipping, saying that Kiwis don't want (or don't expect, rather) a tip for a service they do. Is this still true? Until I know for sure, I feel like I might insult them either way.

Thanks for your time, for sitting through all these questions!
  • 3 Mar 2013 shanayepollock said

Default_avatar

I’m a kiwi and we certainly do NOT expect tipping! Its just about unheard of over here to tip people for services. Unless your somewhere like a stripclub haha :)

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.