Community_discussions_small  

Question

Where did the Mykonos Resort go? changes in Ultimate Euro tour

21 Oct 2007 Miss Jane asked

Miss Jane
Hey Guys

Just wondering what has happened to the Mykonos resort. The Ultimate Euro no longer goes there which is dissapointing because it looks like it would be alot of fun and I also havent seen it advertised in the new brochure.

Has it closed down? or whats the deal?
I'm sure some others must be thinking the same thing.

Also Ultimate Euro no longer goes to Romania or Black Sea...wonder why?
  • 21 Oct 2007 ashleightara said

ashleightara

Wow, thats odd. I was going to go to Egypt a year before I do the UE so I could have a rest on Mykonos. Guess I won’t be doing that :P

I think i need to get a hold of a new brochure, seems like there are a lot of changes going on and its annoying that the website doesn’t keep up…

• 21 Oct 2007 Mel said

Default_avatar

hi!
    i was told by Contiki that the contract was due for renewal of the mykonos resort, and they decided not to renew it. some of the tours still go to mykonos, but they just dont have their own resort anymore. hope i was of some assistance! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 21 Oct 2007 Jess said

Default_avatar

Woah! Hang on a sec!!!! This is big news, Contiki is dropping Mykonos? I was planning a Mykonos stopover after my tour in June… Anyone else got more details on this? Anyone got inside info… MattyV and everybody else in the know… please tell us what this is all about?!?!?!

Thankyou!!

Jess
    Melbourne, Australia

European Vista, 28 Dec 07
    London to Athens, 22 June 08???

• 21 Oct 2007 Megs said

Default_avatar

so if contiki has dropped mykonos resort then whats happening with greek island hopping? will it still go to mykonos?
    p.s have heard the resort is on the other side of the island to everything else so this may not be a bad thing …

• 21 Oct 2007 Megs said

Default_avatar

hey mattyv, thanks so much for clearing that up.
    I was just wondering what you actually do at contiki are you a tour manager or something? you just seem to know EVERYTHING and always write good posts Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 22 Oct 2007 ptooma said

Default_avatar

I wonder if they’ll be using the 4K’s ? Just a 10-15 minute walk down the hill to get to town … The probably means taking a quick cab ride up the hill at night.

- Vic

• 23 Oct 2007 Steftacular said

Steftacular

aww im really jealous – i want to go to ios and santorini!

so what about the UE not going to romania or bulgaria?

what are they doing instead?!?

• 24 Oct 2007 Miss Jane said

Miss Jane

Hey
    They still go to bulgaria but only briefly and its not to the black sea part.
    I would love to know why they don’t go to romania though, I was looking forward to it.

Instead they spend an extra night in Istanbul and go to Serbia which is cool

Does anyone know anything about the romania thing?

• 24 Oct 2007 Mandy said

Default_avatar

I wasnt aware of all these changes! I did the UE this year in June/July.

To be honest the tour not going to Romania anymore isn’t a great loss. Every single person on my tour hated Romania and it was a waste of two days. We were looking forward to it greatly, only to be very disappointed. There was nothing there!

I wish we got to spend more than half a day in Bulgaria…..

• 24 Oct 2007 Steftacular said

Steftacular

The black sea is great! the little town we went to is so cute with the shopping and the bars, we had a great time there!

I dont know anything about serbia to say if its a good trade or not, but another day in istanbul is awesome! I was sad that we didnt spend more time there.

As far as Romania, alot of ppl on our tour didnt like it either, but me and a few others did – it was such an experience to see the communist housing and the like – though i could have done without draculas castle….

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.