Community_discussions_small  

Comment

travel insurance

5 May 2009 perthbeachgirl said

Default_avatar
hi,
Im heading OS for 4 months to the US and all over europe and was just after any companies that have done you good on travel insurance. ive been to the US bf and undertsnad about the level of travel insurance required. Its just that STA are quoting $900 (inc 20% discount) and medibank private are quoting $500 (10% members discount). i dont need skiing and adventure sports cover just full comprehensive.

Has anyone traveled worldwide for a similar time and has a good company that didnt cost the earth?? (I dont want to skimp of course but dont want to pay an astronomical amount either.)
Thanks,
  • 18 May 2009 hannahjayne said

hannahjayne

Hey there,

I am a travel agent and i dont use the product we sell. I always use a company called Columbus Direct. they are an online thing but they are great and ive never had any probs claiming and they always come out HEAPS cheaper than any of the major companies. website is http://www.columbusdirect.com.au/

Coz i use them all the time If i refer you, you can get 5% off. Here are the details:
    simply give us a call on 1300 669 999, quote ‘Mates Rates’ and the reference number below and we’ll give you a 5% discount on your policy. Quote Mates Rates reference: 600913122

good luck & happy travels

• 18 May 2009 Kimberley said

Default_avatar

Hi there Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

http://www.1cover.com.au/

They’re absolutely amazing! All travel insurance is underwritten by Allianz and arranged and managed by Mondial, so you’re in good hands! I hope I’ve been helpful Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Kimberley.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion