Community_discussions_small  

Comment

europe photos

10 Sep 2007 redleader said

Default_avatar
so I've been looking at some of the photos posted in the european photos section and it looks like every other picture is of people partying and drinking. I don't see a whole lot of sight seeing/scenery/etc. I'm guesing these photos probably aren't representative of the typical trip, or I could be mistaken.
  • 10 Sep 2007 Curtis71 said

Default_avatar

Well people realise that you can get cheap photobooks filled with amazing photos that you could never take with your own camera, and those come with all the history pre-printed.

Whereas you are the only one who can get pictures of yourself with other friends having a blast in those areas.

Lots of partying goes on, but I’d say that touring around and seeing the sites and sounds was at least 80% of my trip.

• 10 Sep 2007 ashleightara said

ashleightara

I think you’ll also find that a lot of people took hundreds of photos, and only put up 20 on the web. They are more likely to pick the ones with people in them so they can share them with their fellow tour mates.

Lets face it, most pictures of the Eiffel Tower look the same…

• 10 Sep 2007 Enigma said

Default_avatar

Yeah! It seems a little like that but Sightseeing was a big part of the Contiki Tour i was on and believe you me having time to unwind and have a drink is very much needed.

• 10 Sep 2007 Gryphon said

Default_avatar

I had someone on my Egypt trip who took something like…1000 photos or something like that, I can’t remember the exact number, might have been more.

• 19 Sep 2007 cdm115 said

cdm115

Gryphon, I took over 1,000 pictures in Egypt. Chi took like 3,000 pictures.

As for what people take pictures of. If I took a picture when I was sightseeing, I would take a couple of each thing then pick the best one or two. In many museums you can’t take pictures and some days you don’t see much worth taking pictures of, except tourmates. Plus, once people get drinking and taking pictures they tend to get carried away. But most people take a mixture of pictures.

• 21 Sep 2007 Jess&Aleks said

Default_avatar

The photo’s are for the individual, if that person prefers photos of people over buildings then I dont see anything wrong with that. Doesnt mean they arnt appreciating where they are.

• 26 Sep 2007 Steftacular said

Steftacular

i took 4000 pics and theyre definately not all of partying…

check out out group photo album – the other tourmates are still working on putting theirs up, but all mine are there!

Enjoy!

http://contikiUE008.snapfish.com

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion