Community_discussions_small  

Comment

European Experience - April 08 just got back do you

29 May 2008 Crispy said

Crispy
need any advice on anything?? Happy to help I know what it is like being nervous and spending hours on the boards looking at the million and one postings..
  • 29 May 2008 chickaboo said

Default_avatar

I’m going on a june european experience =)

I do have a couple questions, actually:

-this might sound like a strange question, but did you find that soap, TP, and warm showers were available at most if not all places you stayed in?

-out of the optionals, were there any you thought weren’t really worth it? Unfortunately, as I’m on a budget, I can’t do them all =(

here’s a list of the ones I’m not sure about (if that helps) =)
    -Nouvelle Eve
    -Tuscan Meal
    -Space Electronic Disco
    -Guided Imperial Tour (Rome)
    -Jungfrau Mountain
    -Canal Bike Tour

Thanks so much!

• 29 May 2008 Vic said

Default_avatar

Hi with the optionals the one i would definatly do is Jungrau mountain

• 29 May 2008 Carly said

Carly

i have a question about bed bugs.
    Did anyone catch bed bugs on your trip?

• 30 May 2008 jodie said

jodie

i have a few questions for u?
    1. how much euros on average did u spend per day?
    2. are bed bugs common? hope notSmiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    3.do they strictly enforce the size allowance for ur suitcase? ie do they measure them?
    4. did any of ur tour group get pick pocketed? i have heard a lot of bad reports? hope its not too bad.
    Thanks
    Jodie

• 1 Jun 2008 Crispy said

Crispy

First you will have the time of your life!! I was really nervous but it wasnt anythign like I expected.

Soap not available, Warm showers no issues – obviously if you shower at the same time as everyone else then the can get cooler, if you can be bored if you arent to hang over get up about 30 mins before everyone else.

Not sure what TP is

The optionals are unreal –

Nouvelle – wasnt open until the day after – new show being prepared, but we ended up at the Moulin Rouge – if you get the chance it is worth the money – cheaper if you dont do the dinner.
    Tuscan Meal – YUM and so much food
    Space – Didnt go but had mixed reviews from our group
    Tour of Rome – It was good, quite interesting, but we did have free time in the morning already so saw most of the sights already.
    Mountain – Oh my gosh YES YES YES – me unfortuantly was very sick and under doctors orders not allowed as the air gets very thin so make sure you are wrapped up warm!! but the photos everyone brought back were incredible. They said it was a once in lifetime view but the train ride up/down was a bit hard on the bum with the wooden train seats
    Canal Bike TOur – Cancelled as we only had a few ppl interested and you have to peddle yourself (not a bike as in bicycle) and you get to go on the gondolas anyway – that is very cool.

No bed bugs on our tour – The accom gets better as it goes along excpet for Amsterdam – that is yuck

Spending hard to say some days nothing as all included, others on own. As a estimate lunch was normally 10-12 euro, dinners about 30-40 euros,there are lots of rest stops along the way and they normally were drink/pringles – about 3-6 euros.

I did buy some very large things e.g Perfume at French Perfumery, Crystals at Swarvoski, but I’d say I spent prob about 3000 euro..

Luggage size not so much I had a slightly bigger case, as long as you arent over the 20k/44lbs, pack up your backpack for the day and then move back to suitcase – oops did I say that – and they never weigh it again. Just be careful with flying home

One japanses girl ended up with no wallet – we not sure if was taking out of dropped out as her bag was always open.. that was in Venice so ??

As long as you stick with your group and dont flash heaps of cash around.

Ok so hope this is ok

Let me know if you need any other help more than happy

• 1 Jun 2008 Crispy said

Crispy

• 1 Jun 2008 JocelynEuroExperienceSept1 said

JocelynEuroExperienceSept1

wow does 3000 euro include your optionals?

• 1 Jun 2008 Crispy said

Crispy

no was just spending. I think with all the optionals available to us it would of been about 600 euro.

• 1 Jun 2008 chickaboo said

Default_avatar

Thanks Crispy!
    That helps alot =)

Oh sorry, TP = toilet paper LOL

• 1 Jun 2008 Corrinna said

Default_avatar

Crispy

Wow, 3000 Euros. How long of a trip were u on? Did u buy alot to have spent that much money?

Also the crystals…were they really expensive, or fairly priced?

• 1 Jun 2008 Crispy said

Crispy

Compelty agree with the hotel in Amesterdam, they cleaned our room and left our door wide open (we were out from 10am till about 9.00pm) when we told them they said " What do you want us to do about it" – oh my goss.. I lost it with them luckily nothing was missing!!

Sorry TP – of course, make sure you always take your own when you are out and about, also in the shared bathroom facilities(normally campgrounds) THe cabins were you have your own bathroom is sweet.

Sorry I also did the greek islands as well, that was 8 days and tour was 22 days. Most of the money is spent on food and alcohol. I did buy quite a few bits worth a fair amount and lots of litle things.

Crystals were not badly priced depending on what you want i brought a ring with about 12 crystals in (silver) for 90 euro, a braclet with about 30 tiny cyrstals for 150 euro, a mens ring 90 – a necklace 50. They had bags and pens, key rings and heaps of other bits to choose from, the museum is kind of tacky – very odd but very trippy hope you arent to hangover but the shop is unreal.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion