Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Vietnam..daily bag.....handbag vs satchel over shoulder strap vs backpack

30 Nov 2010 Amy_1688 said

Amy_1688
hey everyone hoping for a little advice on what sort of bag is best to carry on a daily basis in vietnam? as in which is the safest or most convenient??

im thinking a backpack may be a little riskier than the others because they seem easier for someone to get into without you noticing ...

what did others use???

Thanks
Amy

Vietnam Highlights March 21 2011
  • 29 Mar 2011 Toni_18 said

Toni_18

Hey – wat did you end up using?? =)

• 29 Mar 2011 JackDarcy said

Default_avatar

I always look at size first, that’s really a personal preference, I need a lot of space because I tend to dump things into my bag. I can’t stand carrying things in my hand or slinging it on my elbow, I think it’s a gift if you can get used to that because you will have a lot more choice when it comes to bags that way.

• 29 Mar 2011 JackDarcy said

Default_avatar

I always look at size first, that’s really a personal preference, I need a lot of space because I tend to dump things into my bag. I can’t stand carrying things in my hand or slinging it on my elbow, I think it’s a gift if you can get used to that because you will have a lot more choice when it comes to bags that way.

• 23 Apr 2011 Karen_21SA said

Karen_21SA

I’m going on the Vietnam Highlights and think the satchel with over the shoulder strap is the safest and most convenient for daily use…

• 25 Apr 2011 Hannah said

Hannah

You want something cute, but not impractical. (Well, that’s directed to the girls haha). I usually take a small sholdure bag that can hold the essentials (camera, purse etc), and then bring a backpack bag for things like water bottles and maps. That way you can leave that at the hotel and keep the essentials with you when you go out later. Also, make sure the bag sits in the front so it’s more secure and that the straps aren’t too thin because in countries like Asia the thieves can easily slash the straps and grab the bag.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion