Community_discussions_small  

Comment

LA to the Bay! Oct 15 - 24 2008

26 Apr 2008 Dongirl said

Default_avatar
Anyone going on that trip???
Let me know if you are as I will see you there!!!
  • 8 Jul 2008 nic said

Default_avatar

hi im thinking of coming on this trip tho i am undecided yet!! if i do i will see you there!!xx

• 21 Jul 2008 Rox said

Rox

Hey, I am going to be on the Wild Western which I believe to be an extension of your tour.

I am travelling with two of my friends. Two of us are from Melbourne and one from Sydney in Australia.

Where are you guys from?

• 31 Jul 2008 Lisa said

Default_avatar

Hi, my husband & I will be doing this tour.
    Surely there are others going on this trip?! Where is everyone?! :-)
    Just over 10 weeks to go! I can’t wait!
    We are arriving in LA a few days earlier so we can do Disneyland and Universal etc, then after the tour we are staying an additional day / night in San Francisco and will then fly over to New York for a few days before heading home.
    Hope to see others posting on here soon!

• 31 Jul 2008 Rox said

Rox

Hey, if I am correct about you being on the same tour as the Wild Western, except you simply finish a few days earlier, check out the Wild Western thread that departs on the 15th. There is a couple of us there.

• 1 Aug 2008 Dongirl said

Default_avatar

Hey there

I am doing the LA to the Bay on the 15th & so looking forward to getting away … should be arriving in LA on the 12 so hope to see u all at the Anaheim accom !!!!
    After a few days in San Fran I’ll be heading off to New York for a week as well then back to LA for another week & will be seeing Madonna while in town so can not wait .. c u all soon!!!!

• 1 Aug 2008 Lisa said

Default_avatar

Hey, its great to see others on here! Its really not that long to go now. I’m so excited! :-)
    I didn’t realise the tours got combined.. thats cool. So do we all start in LA, but just finish in different locations?

Dongirl, we have a very similar itinerary! We arrive in LA on the night of the 11th, so we’ll probably see you at Anaheim! We’re only staying in San Fran for 1 night though, then catching the red eye flight across to NY on 25th, then flying home on 29th Oct.
    Have you booked your accomodation for San Fran and NY yet? You’re seeing Madonna?! How cool! Where is that?

• 1 Aug 2008 Rox said

Rox

Hey,

I don’t know if you guys have looked at the other thread, but we are planning a pre tour catch up in Anaheim at the Stovall’s Inn. That’s where the pre tour accommodation is.

As there is no bar at the hotel, we are more than likely heading to the Lost Bar in Down Town. Feel free to join us. I will let you know what time we are meeting in the Lobby if you like.

• 2 Aug 2008 Dongirl said

Default_avatar

Hello again

I am staying at the Stovall’s in anaheim from the 12th til the tour starts was planning to hit Disneyland 1 or 2 of those days … then the tour from Oct 15 – 24 stay 2 nights @ Hotel Whitcomb in San Fran then over to NY on the 26th, I think my flight is at 8am … staying @ Marrakech which is the Contiki hotel as I am doing the Big Apple Explorer as well from 28 – 31 & leaving NY on the arvo of the 1st then LA for a week leavin on the 7 or 8th Nov … still have not decided (1 night training it down to San Diego 2 c Madonna on the 4th) … so looking forward to it .. I’m getting excited too … That is pretty much my trip … And Rox def up for a drink so keep us posted xox

• 5 Aug 2008 Rox said

Rox

Hello All

Okay, how does this sound:
    Date – 14th of October
    Time – 1900 hours (West Coast Time)
    Place – Stovall’s Inn Loby

I will be the one with the contiki beach ball.

Let me know what you think.

• 6 Aug 2008 Lisa said

Default_avatar

Sounds good to me! We’ll see you on the 14th (if not before hand!)
    Looking forward to it! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 12 Aug 2008 Dongirl said

Default_avatar

I’ll b there
    Looking forward to it!!!!

• 17 Aug 2008 Deb said

Default_avatar

Hey guys, I’m coming on the trip too. I fly to LA from Melbourne on 7 October. I can’t wait to get there and will definitely meet you all on the 14th for drinks! Debs

• 26 Aug 2008 Explorer1108762 said

Default_avatar

Hi Dongirl, Nic, Rox, Lisa and Deb! My friend and I are from Perth, Western Australia. We are going on Western Highlights Oct 15th so will probaly see you all!

Chris

• 30 Aug 2008 Benmuzza said

Benmuzza

Heya Gang,
    My brother and I are doing the LA to the Bay Oct 15-24 we will be arriving on the 9th.
    we too are staying a few extra days in san fran then flying to NYC on the 27 for the big apple explorer on 28-31 then doing the great southern NY to LA from oct 31 back to LA on the 24th.
    So Dongirl we will be on the LA to the Bay with you and then the same big apple explorer.
    We will def meet for drinks on the 12 if we can. looking at a day trip to sandiego on the 12th to watch the SD charges play the NE patriots.
    Def be up to do disneyland and stuff with others.
    We are 22 and 24 from Adelaide Australia

• 30 Aug 2008 Dongirl said

Default_avatar

BenMuzza

That’s good .. already I have a friend or 2 or 6!!! … I’m doing these tours on my own but I am meeting friends in NY & LA once done!!! I’ll meet for drinks on the 12th … As u said you are off to San Diego for the day so just give us a time & we will meet then …. I’ve done the Grand Southern before & it’s great .. you’ll love it!!
    Planning to do Disney to fill in the days before the tour .. it’s getting closer which is great as I need a break from the real world!!!!!

Looking forward to seeing everyone soon

Take care!!!!

• 31 Aug 2008 Benmuzza said

Benmuzza

I have set up a facebook group for those doing the trip
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=26231916937&ref=mf

All are welcome to join if you are going on this awesome trip.
    And if anyone is interested in chatting before we go i would love to chat to people. my Email/msn is Benmuzza@hotmail.com. add me and say Hi.

• 15 Sep 2008 Benmuzza said

Benmuzza

Alcatraz can be booked out weeks in advance. Aaron, Donna and i are going to do this on the 25th oct, the day after we arrive in San Fransico, at 9am if anyone else is interested. The official and only place to get actual island trip tickets is http://www.alcatrazcruises.com/ and can be booked and tickets printed out at home.
    Hope to see you at the ROCK!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion