Community_discussions_small  

Comment

April 2011

4 Aug 2010 KirrynA said

KirrynA
My Boyfriend and I have just booked on this tour, has anyone else? Its so far away but I'm getting very keen! Big Grin
  • 6 Sep 2010 TMS said

Default_avatar

i am considering doing this tour too in April! I want to spend an extra few days before it in LA and after it in NY…looks great!

• 24 Sep 2010 KirrynA said

KirrynA

We’re staying one extra day before hand and then 3 extra nights in NY afterwards. So excited! Where are you from?

• 9 Nov 2010 Explorer1216388 said

Default_avatar

Hey,

My friend and I are booked in already and i’m excited too!! I keep wishing the year away so April can come faster.

Are you doing the tour which goes from April 8 in LA?

What extras are you doing while you’re there?

• 10 Nov 2010 Sammy x said

Sammy x

hey!!

I’m booking my trip for april 2011 next wednesday!!! I cant wait! I’m going on my own though.. ahh kinda scary! lol!

Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 15 Nov 2010 KirrynA said

KirrynA

Hi Explorer1216388 and Sammy x!

Yes we’re doing the tour that starts April 8, so keen! Not too sure on extras yet, I know we’re definitely doing Disneyland, and I’m currently looking at ‘food on foot yours’ which are in NY. Its all a bit overwhelming really! Have you decided on anything?

Where abouts are you both from?

• 19 Nov 2010 Explorer1216388 said

Default_avatar

Hey,

My friend and I are Sydneysiders (hills district).

We are doing Disneyworld in Orlando before we join the tour so wont be doing disneyland.

We are doing the all day heli hike adventure that contiki offer which goes to the Grand Canyon. We are also going to try see ‘O’ cirque du soleil in Vegas. We’ve also booked tickets to see LA Knights (ice hockey) in LA. We are definitely going to book alcatraz for San Fran too. I thinks thats it for now but there will be many more Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

As you can see i’m a little too excited for a trip which is in 4 months haha. I just can’t wait Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 21 Nov 2010 Sammy x said

Sammy x

hi guys!!

I actually havent booked any extras yet.. actually just paid for all my airfairs, as i’m travelling for two weeks after the tour finishes! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> think i’ll do disneyland.. but not sure about the rest! i’m staying in new york after and going back to la, so i will catch up on anything I miss out on. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

its sooo exciting! its my first ever trip on my own, so it’ll def be an experience!!! lol

cant wait!! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

ps. how old are u, if u dont mind me asking?

• 23 Nov 2010 Explorer1216388 said

Default_avatar

Hi Sammy,

I will be 23 when on tour and my friend will be 22.

Yourself?

Do you all have fb?

• 26 Nov 2010 KirrynA said

KirrynA

Hi guys.

We’re from the Central Coast.

Thinking about doing Alcatraz now, and also the cycle tour of Central Park. Seeing cirque du soleil in Vegas would be amazing! I looked into getting Lakers tickets and I cannot believe how expensive they are!

Its weird, after the initial excitement of booking it, I cant seem to get excited about this trip all! Possibly because I havent paid off the whole trip yet (eek). I think at the beginning of 2011 It’ll sink in.

I’ll be 21 and my boyfriend will be 24.

Sammy thats awesome you’re staying in NY and spending more time in LA after, how long will you be in NY for?

Yes I have fb, should we make a Best Of Usa April ’11 group do you think? It would be a good way to get to know everyone.

• 26 Nov 2010 KirrynA said

KirrynA

PS -How much spending money are you guys taking if you dont mind me asking? I was thinking around $4000 would be enough, but hoping to have more!

• 28 Nov 2010 Sammy x said

Sammy x

Hey!

oh awesome! you guys are around my age! Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> i will be 22 on the tour!

yeah i have facebook- my full name is samantha allen.. feel free to add! Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> what about you?

• 28 Nov 2010 Sammy x said

Sammy x

ohh sorry, i didnt see the other post! all these ‘explorer’ user names are confusing!? lol! yeah i’m so pumped! i think i will be taking about 3 grand all up.. but I’m hoping that will be enough! maybe i’ll take as much as i can probably! lol Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 29 Nov 2010 KirrynA said

KirrynA

Haha I changed my user name but for some reason my posts are still coming up as ‘explorer’ which is super annoying! I’ll add you on fb Sammy!

Its so hard to know with the spending money. Im a shopaholic but for some reason I dont think I’ll be doing tonnes of shopping in the US. Who knows tho, once I get there I could see so many things I want haha.

Im paying off the trip tomorrow, I think its all finally starting to sink in!

• 29 Nov 2010 KirrynA said

KirrynA

ok so theres a lot of samantha allen’s on fb, i have no idea which one you are! lol. my names kirryn ross if u want to add me Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 30 Nov 2010 KirrynA said

KirrynA
  • 30 Nov 2010 Sammy x said

Sammy x

hahaha i was actually thinking there must be like a gazillion samantha allens!!? lol! i added you- i think? we’ll soon see anyways! lol!

ohhh wow thats sooooo exciting that you’ve paid off your trip!!! congrats thats awesome!! i’ve only paid off my airfairs- international and internal! still got a fair way to go!! but i’m going on a cruise in feb so i’ve gotta have enough money for that too! lol!

yeahh its hard to say how much to take!? its like- i dont know how much i’ll really spend on shopping, but i dont want to be left short either! i guess i’ll just take as much as i can and then if i dont use it- i’ll spend it on something else!? lol

• 30 Nov 2010 KirrynA said

KirrynA

Wow! Youre so lucky going on a cruise and this trip too, I’m barely able to save enough for this one trip lol. It is so hard to know how much money to take. I’m hoping to have $4000-$5000 so that should be plenty!

Have you guys read Rocketgirls travelogue on here? Its amazing, such a detailed outline of what we’ll actually do – made everything seem so much more real!

and yep Sammy, you added me! haha.

• 22 Dec 2010 NicolaC said

NicolaC

Hi all,

I have also just booked and paid for this trip!!! So excited and waiting for it to sink in.

Will be travelling from Sydney by myself.

Can not wait as I have a close friends wedding in Vegas the time that we are there. Get to experience a real Elvis White Chapple wedding.

Now to start saving for spending money.

Nicola Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 27 Dec 2010 KirrynA said

KirrynA

Hi Nicola! My bf and I are traveling from Sydney too Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    What date do you depart? We fly in to LA the day before the tour starts.
    I know what you mean about it sinking in, it hasnt happened for me yet either!

• 5 Jan 2011 NicolaC said

NicolaC

Cool. I depart Sydney on the 7th – no idea who I am flying with as still have to pick up my tickets.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.