Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Italy Summer 2008--packing,museums,free time, etc.

6 Jun 2008 Kat said

Default_avatar
hey i was just wondering what folks were packing for their trips to italy this summer? i keep laying out my clothing on my bed and sometimes it looks like i'm taking too much...and at other times i feel like i don't have enough.

and i was also wondering if people have booked or are going to book tickets to the museums, the vatican, etc. prior to the trip. i've read some articles that say you should reserve tickets to certain museums, like the Uffizi, but i keep worrying about us not getting to the specific cities on time (like suddenly there's a big traffic jam) and me losing my ticket. is anyone reserving tickets?

i'm going on the tour arriving in rome on june 18, ending on june 29. if anyone that reads this is on this tour, let me know.

take care.
  • 25 Jun 2008 Explorer1104315 said

Default_avatar

We are actually getting ready to pack for our July 5th departure. I am definitely limiting my shoes to 5 pairs (3 comfortable pair and 2 dressy pair). My husband will probably take less than that. Summer clothes are lighter, which is good and we are prepared to wear things more than once. We are taking the sink packets of detergent to wash some clothes out in the sinks in the hotel when we need to. I haven’t actually put everything in my suitcase yet, so I’ll find out if it will all fit.

We have booked tickets to see “David” and “The Last Supper” since they were not included in our tour. We didn’t know it wasn’t included until we read it in our travel documents. I think for both tours for me and my husband, it costs about $74 US dollars. We got the tickets through tickitaly.com and they say we will not have to wait in the long lines (which can be 2-3 hours). We’ll see what actually happens. We are also planning to book a tour for the Vatican, but tickitaly does not have them available for the time and date we need them.
    Hope this helps!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.