Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Grand Adventurer (March 6th to March 21st 2009)- Start Auckland

8 Nov 2008 retrospeck said

Default_avatar
Anyone going??

My friend (who I met on another Contiki trip) just booked our tickets. Can't wait to meet everyone! We are arriving 2 days before the tour starts.
  • 18 Nov 2008 chinky21 said

chinky21

Hi 6th march to the 20th march starting in auckland but im doing the grand explorer!!! getting there a day before the tour starts!!!

• 18 Nov 2008 retrospeck said

Default_avatar

We will see you there then!!

We are both from California, female, and are 26 & 27. How about you?

• 19 Nov 2008 chinky21 said

chinky21

Im 22 from Adelaide, South Australia, cant wait to head over there, very excited!!!!

• 20 Nov 2008 Ash said

Default_avatar

Hi all!

Im a little confused but think i myt be on the same tour, i start in Auckalnd on the 8th March (get there the day before) and finish in Christchurch on the 21th and am staying an extra nyt! I am so looking forward to it as its my first OS trip Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Anyway the name is Ash so if we are tour mates i look forward to catching up with you in a few months!

Cheers,

Ash

• 20 Nov 2008 chinky21 said

chinky21

Awsome Ash!!! hopefully we are on the same tour, where are u from?

• 20 Nov 2008 retrospeck said

Default_avatar

Yes you are on our tour. I am coming from the US so our tour “starts” on the 6th, but we spend the first 2 days traveling and passing the international date line. The actual tour starts on the 8th.

Are you getting to Auckland early?

• 8 Dec 2008 Ash said

Default_avatar

Awesome, finally ive made contact with some people! Its a bit scary going all by yourself! Im from Sydney so it isnt the big overseas adventure but its a start. I arrive in Auckland on the 7th March (so the day before the tour) and im staying at the Kiwi Queen St Hotel, mainly as i would rather spend $14 for the nights accomadtion rather than the $90 the Contiki meet up hotel would cost! Im in an all girls dorm so if people want to meet up beforehand just let me know! Oh im staying an extra night in Christchurch and my plane doesnt leave to return to Oz until 5pm NZ time. Im staying in the Base Backpackers when we get to Christchurch.

• 8 Dec 2008 retrospeck said

Default_avatar

Ash you will meet so many people. When I went on my first Europe trip almost half the people were on the trip solo (my second eurotrip will be solo). A lot of us have remained friends.

As for NZ, we arrive at the butt crack of dawn on the 6th so we were going to spend the 2 days before the trip just checking out Auckland. We are staying in the hotel that Contiki set up for us.

After the trip we are leaving the morning that the tour ends. Like super early! Jen will head back home, and I will be in Sydney for a few days before heading back home.

Less than 3 months to go!!

I hope everyone has saved enough money for all those optionals!!

• 9 Dec 2008 Ash said

Default_avatar

Exellent i look forward to it Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

I arrive in the afternoon of the 7th so maybe we can catch up the night before and check out the nightlife or something??

Ah good old Sydney haha Melbourne is so much better, but maybe its due to the fact i live in Sydney, well out west of it anyway haha.

Cant wait to do the extras i just hope i can fit everything in that i want to do. Only time will tell i guess!

less than 3 months and im just starting to get my passport haha, talk about lazy, eek better get my butt into gear! Talk soon xx

• 16 Dec 2008 Ash said

Default_avatar

Change of plans, my hostel reviews sucked so now im staying at the Mecure where the tour leaves off, so hope to meet a few people the night before we go! Maybe pre-tour dinner and drinks is in order??

C u all there Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 2 Jan 2009 retrospeck said

Default_avatar

pre-tour dinner sounds good to me!

• 12 Jan 2009 Ash said

Default_avatar

Awesome! Should be a good night! We will have to scope out a few nice places Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Not long to go now peoples ahhhh Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 16 Feb 2009 renango said

Default_avatar

I butchered one of my travel websites, for the group – March 6th – 22nd .. It will be just for the people on this tour and anyone we meet along the way.

I put it up under http://www.renango.com/nz

You can click on the itinerary, I found most of the hotel websites, unless you want to be surprised..

If you want you can sign up, and easy way to keep in touch before and after the trip.

We will be in Auckland on the 5th around 7am..
    So if anyone got any plans, lets us know..
    See ya in 2 weeks.
    E.

• 23 Feb 2009 Ash said

Default_avatar

Hi everyone!

Not long to go now. So my query is, as we are having pre-tour dinner and drinks, how to we meet up with each other before. My plane lands in Auckalnd at 1.30 their time so i guess ill be at the hotel by at least 3 (i hope!). how bout we meet in the foyer of the hotel at about 4.30 that way we can decide where to go, what to wear and go from there? Let me know what u think.

Cheers,
    Ash

• 24 Feb 2009 renango said

Default_avatar

Sorry Ash, some of us will be doing the pre tour thing on the 5th.. We will be on the tour already when we meet up with you..
    Drop me an email at renango@gmail.com and i can get you in touch with retrospek, so you guys can meet up.
    Eric

• 25 Feb 2009 retrospeck said

Default_avatar

Hey Ash.

Send me a message with your email address and we’ll work something out. I’m not sure what Jen and I will be doing that day. Dinner sounds good though.

• 3 Mar 2009 Ash said

Default_avatar

Hey Retro,

My email address is ithinkineedahug85@hotmail.com

hope you guys have a safe trip over. Ive got to be up at 4am saturday morning to get my plane! Ahhh ive never been one for early mornings. Will see you guys soon.

Ciao
    Ash

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.