Community_discussions_small  

Question

2009 Scandi/Russia 22 days starting 22nd June?

15 Sep 2008 Lindy asked

Default_avatar
Hi I'm an aussie chick from Melbourne looking at booking the Scandinavia/Russia tour which starts in Riga around 22nd June 2009. (I'm only guessing this date since the contiki dates for 2009 is not yet available). I will be travelling alone so keen to meet others prior to the trip.
  • 19 May 2009 dinnerlove said

dinnerlove

hey, i’ll be on the scandi portion of the tour too. i’m laura, 25, from new york. see ya there!

• 19 May 2009 dinnerlove said

dinnerlove

oh and i’m also staying an extra night in copenhagen. let’s do something!

• 26 May 2009 Redheaded Carly said

Default_avatar

Hi James,
    Looking to go through a Visa company to procure my Visa. Hoping I have better success going that route. I’m curious to know whether you were able to get yours sorted out. Can’t wait for the trip and the extra day in Copenhagen. I booked another day at the same hotel through the Internet. Can’t wait for the trip.

Cheers,
    Carly

• 26 May 2009 James2211 said

Default_avatar

Hi Carly,

No idea if the visa requirements are the same for Americans as they are for Australians, but I am starting to think I just got unlucky with the timing for my Russian visa.

My understanding is that Tari Tours is the company that runs the day tours of Moscow and St Petersburg and they apparently have to provide some of the paperwork required in the visa application. I received the paperwork through Contiki, only to find that it had expired. Had I got the paperwork sooner and applied a few weeks ago, I might have been ok.

Having said all that, it might be completely different for anyone starting the tour in Moscow.

I am lucky that I live near the Russian Embassy. Saves me the hassle of having to post documents to them, I can just go in and if something is missing or not right they can tell me right away. Had I used the post it might have been a week or more before I found out that there was a problem.

See you all in about 4 weeks (or 5 and a half weeks if you are joining in Stockholm).

James

• 7 Jun 2009 kweg said

kweg
    quote:
    Originally posted by Redheaded Carly:
    Hi All-
    I’m a 32 year old Californian looking forward to the trip. I start in Moscow and will stay an extra day in Copenhagen? Anyone else staying extra time?

Cheers,
    Carly

Hi Carly-

I am from California too (San Jose)! I assume you’ll be leaving the US on the 24th to be in Moscow by the 25th. What airline are you on?

Kristina

• 20 Jun 2009 Redheaded Carly said

Default_avatar

Hi Kristina,
    I will fly on American Airlines. My flight leaves San Jose at 7:25am, and then I have a several hour lay over in Chicago. I arrive in Moscow at 12:35pm on the 25th. What is your flight info? If our flight times coincide, we should grab some coffee or a beer.

Cheers,
    Carly

• 23 Jun 2009 kweg said

kweg

What a small world! I live in San Jose but will be flying Delta out of SFO. I get into Moscow at 11am on Thursday so I will see you at the hotel in Russia in a few short days!

• 30 Jun 2009 Rob said

Default_avatar

Hi Carly, James and Kristina!
    Hope you guys are having a great time visiting Russia. I will also be spending an extra day in Copenhagen. See you in Stockholm!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion