Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Stay in Amsterdam instead of finish tour

29 Sep 2010 XxJamesxX said

Default_avatar
Hey

Ive have booked a tour to do European Panorama in June 2011 and the travel agent i booked it through suggested that i stay an extra night in Amsterdam instead of going straight back to london because i am staying there for an extra four days after the tour. If i did do this it would involve having to spend the extra on transport form Amsterdam to London by ferry, but apparently the bus ride is like 12hrs anyway on the last day. So would it be worth it?? has anybody done this??
  • 29 Sep 2010 Explorer1197020 said

Default_avatar

bit confused on what you mean. so after your extra days in amsterdam you have to find your own way back to london?
    im doing winter wanderer and on last day getting off in amsterdam and going to spend time with family i have there. you just forfeit the rest of the trip basically you still gotta pay but its just a bus ride back to london so dont miss out on much. i bought an open jaw ticket which means i fly into london but fly home from amsterdam. in amsterdam you can just get the train from central station to the airport.

• 30 Sep 2010 Lottie said

Default_avatar

I’m leaving the tour in Amsterdam too.

I wanted to go somewhere close to Amsterdam and saw no point going back to London just to fly back that way.

• 30 Sep 2010 PinaI said

PinaI
    quote:
    Originally posted by XxJamesxX:
    Hey

Ive have booked a tour to do European Panorama in June 2011 and the travel agent i booked it through suggested that i stay an extra night in Amsterdam instead of going straight back to london because i am staying there for an extra four days after the tour. If i did do this it would involve having to spend the extra on transport form Amsterdam to London by ferry, but apparently the bus ride is like 12hrs anyway on the last day. So would it be worth it?? has anybody done this??

So you want to spend a total of 2 nights in Amsterdam and 3 nights in London instead of your 1 night in Amsterdam and 4 nights in London?

Cut a long story short, yes you can do this and yes, you will then have to make your own way from Amsterdam to London. You can either go by bus/ferry, get the Eurostar or fly. Budget airlines like EasyJet and RyanAir are likely to have very reasonably priced flights, if you book ahead of time.

If you’re not seeing London beforehand though, four days would be well spent there as there is plenty to see and do.

• 1 Oct 2010 AstroPhys said

Default_avatar

The trip from Amsterdam to London was less than 12 hours. I think it is about 8? I would highly suggest ending your tour in Amsterdam and just flying home from Amsterdam instead of London.

• 3 Oct 2010 XxJamesxX said

Default_avatar

yeh i think my time will be better spent in london as it will save me cash and as mentioned by PiaI there is lots to do.

I cannot fly out of Amsterdam as flights are already booked. But i want to see London so its all good either way.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.