Community_discussions_small  

Question

grand southern - suprise optional? dress codes?

13 Nov 2010 tberri asked

Default_avatar
hey

im doing the grand southern in jan 2011. cant wait!

just a couple of questions.
1) is there a suprise optional not mentioned in the books? on my europe contiki we went to a s*x show in amsterdam as a option, it wasnt in the book, just wondered if the grand southern did..

2) dress codes - do any of the options/places we visit have a dress code? what about american bars?
im trying to decide what me and my partner should pack - just thought some places might require black only shoes, no shorts etc etc

thanks!
  • 20 Nov 2010 Clare82 said

Clare82

i just did it.. and there was a ‘surprise’ option not telling you though!)
    dress code in most places is pretty relaxed… as long as guys have a collared shirt and dress shoes and girls have a nice top and some nice flats/heels, you wont have any issues

the places with a dress code were minimal.. most times was just jeans and comfy shoes!

• 21 Nov 2010 Mayrah said

Mayrah

Cant wait…we will be doin this tour June 2011… any advices clare???

• 25 Nov 2010 Hayley said

Hayley

The dress code on the GS is pretty relaxed, you’re on the go alot and you spend a lot of time on the coach some days so comfort is an important thing to keep in mind!

For going out nights, nothing is really off-limits (especially in Vegas!). On my tour, girls wore anything from skirts, low cut tops, jeans to blouses. Whatever you would normally go out in would likely suffice.

I highly recommend comfortable walking shoes, especially when you’re in the Grand Canyon. Your feet will thank you!

• 11 Dec 2010 tberri said

Default_avatar

thanks all!

cant wait to see what the suprise optional is..

• 20 Dec 2010 Nea Nea said

Default_avatar

I am doing this in April 2011..

& cant wait, do you still think AUD$100-150 will be enough?

• 21 Dec 2010 AussieStacey said

AussieStacey

Im doing this trip too tberri…... im excited, btu heard will be a bit cold, this is my first trip alone so ahhhhhhhhhh bring it on !!!!!!!!!!
    Look forward to meeting you

• 20 May 2012 brookie-lee19 said

brookie-lee19

with the surpise op/ how much will it be if we were interested???

• 20 May 2012 brookie-lee19 said

brookie-lee19

with the surpise op/ how much will it be if we were interested???

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.