Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Berlin to Budapest--July 2--13

16 May 2010 Dario said

Dario
So, I'm booked for this tour on July 2nd til the 13th. Hopefully you are too! This will be my third Contiki trip in the last 10 years!

I'm 26, born and raised in a suburb of Toronto, just graduated from a Uni in Montreal, and need a vacay !!

Hopefully this will be a great tour with great ppl....and hopefully I'll have a roommate who won't wake me up by having noisy sex in our hotel room washroom with another contiki-er at 3.30 in the morning....Thanks Chris lollll.....
  • 6 Jun 2010 MirLo said

MirLo

Hello,

My friend Katie and I will be doing the Berlin, Prague, Vienna trip from July 3-11. I think its the same trip, except we are not going on to Budapest.

We are really looking forward to this trip. We hope to make some new friends and relax in Europe.

Wow you are a Contiki expert. Any words of advice before we travel, or during travel?

Congrats on the graduation. I was just in Toronto working in Sept/Oct. :-)

• 7 Jun 2010 MirLo said

MirLo

I created a Facebook group for this trip. If you want join:
    http://www.facebook.com/?sk=23…?gid=114697121908018

• 10 Jun 2010 Dario said

Dario

Hey,

Omgosh, advice? I wouldn’t know where to begin. The best way to approach trips like these is to just jump in, really loll. Don’t have too many expectations as you’re travelling with people from all walks of life and all with different agendas toward Contiki-ing.

Some are gonna wanna party hard, some won’t; some will be loud and obnoxious, some will be hermits; some will be mature, some won’t lolll.

Just smile, be pleasant, and respect everyone cuz they paid for the trip the same as you lollll.

Only thing I hate about Contiki is that the hotels are never close to the city-center/downtown areas which means dishing out extra $$$ for transport/cabs.

Also, don’t be compelled to do ALLL the optionals—they’re not always as great as they sound.

Lastly, i’d say DON’T MISS THE BUS on the mornings the tour’s meant to depart to another country cuz it IS possible to be left behind !!

And then you’ll have to make arrangements to get yourself to the next country to catch up with your tour—I’ve seen it happen !! Lolll

PS: Nice job on the Facebook page !

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion