Community_discussions_small  

Comment

sep 12 2008

30 Oct 2007 kells said

Default_avatar
Hi everyone I'm from New Zealand and will be travelling solo and so excited. I'm doing the GS on Aug 16 and the GN Sep 12 2008. Feel free to E-mail me on kelly_wyatt@hotmail.com
  • 2 Nov 2007 Izzy said

Default_avatar

yo kells,
    i’m booked onto the grand northern departing ny on the 12th sept ‘08.. can’t wait!
    i’m doing the grand southern in may.. then spending a few months in europe before heading back to LA on the grand northern.
    woo hoo! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 2 Nov 2007 kells said

Default_avatar

Hey Izzy
    Are you going back to euro atfer cause I’m looking at going after oct 10 to work for a while. Were abouts are you from.

• 3 Nov 2007 Izzy said

Default_avatar

I’m from Oz..
    don’t think i’ll head back to europe.. might check out mexico, but planning on just coming home, coz i will probably have run out of money! ha..

• 3 Nov 2007 kells said

Default_avatar

Don’t worry I’ll have no money ethier I’ll be spending heaps as I want to go to disney land in L.A. So hopfully I can get a job U.K as soon as then I can start saving again.

• 6 Nov 2007 Izzy said

Default_avatar

oh if it’s just bar work your looking for you’ll have no problem getting a job straight away in the UK Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 17 Nov 2007 keri said

Default_avatar

Hi Kelly/Izzy

Am also booked on the GN Sept 2008, Am having a few extra days in NYC before the tour starts and a few days in LA after!!!! Am also travelling solo and it’ll be my first contiki tour, am looking forward to it!!!
    Altho its a case of saving now!!! lol

Keri Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 17 Nov 2007 kells said

Default_avatar

Hi Keri/Izzy
    I’m really looking forward to this tirp. I’ll have about 3-4 days in N.Y then about 10 days in L.A. Feel free to e-mail me. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 19 Nov 2007 Izzy said

Default_avatar

Hey Keri/Kells!
    i think i’ll have 4 or 5 days in NY, and maybe a week in LA? a bit undecided..
    can’t wait though, we are going to have a mad time! woo!
    Izzy Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 19 Nov 2007 kells said

Default_avatar

Hi Izzy/Keri

Our trip going to be the best Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->. If you decide you want to stay extra days in L.A and N.Y maybe we can do it together so we can cut the cost
    kells Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 20 Nov 2007 Izzy said

Default_avatar

yeah that sounds like a plan!
    i’ll be flying into NY from europe..no idea about what dates etc..it will all depend on how much fun i’m having in spain etc Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->
    kells, after your 10 days in LA, are you then flying to the UK?
    it IS going to be the best!
    Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 20 Nov 2007 kells said

Default_avatar

Hey Izzy
    I’ll be in N.Y from sep 8 to the 11 sep then the 12 we leave for our big adventure Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> then flying on to UK your more then welcome to join me, if you know anyone else who wants to came they are more then welcome to come Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 23 Nov 2007 keri said

Default_avatar

Hey Izzy/Kells

I’ll hopefully be in NYC on the 8/9th of Sept,got loads that i want to do when i get there, then 3/4 days in LA after the tour!!
    Not sure what i want to do in LA, will prob just take it has it comes!!! Haven’t booked any where to stay yet!!! any ideas? Roll Eyes<!--graemlin::rolleyes:-->
    Am really looking forward to the trip now!!!

Am looking to try and save about £1,000/£1,500 do you think that is enough

Are either on you on facebook or myspace???
    Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 25 Nov 2007 kells said

Default_avatar

Hi Keri

I’ll be staying at hotel that contiki leave from in L.A and in N.Y the is a hostel called Chelsea International Hostel that sound alright there is a web site you can look at is www.chelseahostel.com and I’m trying to save about $7000 for speading money and for optional extras.

• 3 Jan 2008 Izzy said

Default_avatar

woo! it’s this year! haha :P hope you all had fun new years Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 3 Jan 2008 keri said

Default_avatar

Hey Girls,

Am really looking forward to it now, have already changed up some money, can’t believe that it is only 9 months away now!!!!!
    xxx Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 5 Jan 2008 kells said

Default_avatar

Hi All

hope you all had a good new years. I’m counting down in weeks Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> and looking forward to it and as for changing money I’ve havn’t changed any yet but will do soon.. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 3 Feb 2008 Laura said

Default_avatar

Hello all!

First post so apologies if it goes horribly wrong! I’ll be on the Grand Northern is Sept 12 – can’t believe there’s already a forum – cool! I did the Grand Southern last year and I had a blast so I’m so excited to be doing it all over again! This is my third trip to the states – should probably do Europe eventually but the states is just way too much fun!

• 4 Feb 2008 Izzy said

Default_avatar

Hey Laura!
    That’s awesome that you have already done some tours, you can give us all advice! hehe Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    I’m doing the Grand Southern in May.. Can’t wait!
    Can’t believe it’s already February..
    Iz Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 4 Feb 2008 Laura said

Default_avatar

Yeah sure you can ask me anything I’ll do my best to answer. You’re going to love the Grand Southern I had an awesome time. Actually I was originally booked only to do the tour to New Orleans but I was having such a great time I asked if I could stay on (after much begging, pleading and negotiating for a Mum loan!). I guess my first bit of advice about it would be to definitely save your money for the Grand Canyon helicopter flight it’s a little pricey but it’s worth every cent – one of my favourite things about the trip!

• 4 Feb 2008 kells said

Default_avatar

Hi all Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

What are you all doing after the tour is finished is anyone interested in going to disneyland, universal and knotts theme parks Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.