Community_discussions_small  

Comment

West Coast Tours

17 Jan 2009 Corinne said

Corinne
Hi, I'm really interested in going to USA and really into the West Coast, but i cant decide what trip to go on. The one's ive got on my list are western highlights, California Highlights, LA to the Bay, and Wild Western. I know there is a price and time difference, but if someone could give me any advice which one would be best that would be brilliant. Bearing in mind this will be my first contiki trip...
Thanks x
  • 17 Jan 2009 Pervy said

Pervy

Hi Corinne, I did the Wild Western and it was great. You got to see all the same places the other tours did plus you end up back in Anaheim which is handy for going to Disneyland and flying home from. On the other hand LA to the Bay is a good choice as you finish in San Francisco which is a great place. So once the tour is finished you can stay there for a while longer and check it out for a few more days. I think the other tours are just a little to short myself.

• 17 Jan 2009 Corinne said

Corinne

Thanks for that. I’ve just had a look and I may do the Western Highlights but add a few days on either side to bulk it out a bit. I’d love to do the Wild western, you get to see so much, but now that ive priced it up im not sure my friend can afford it…lets hope.

• 19 Jan 2009 belinda83 said

Default_avatar

The Wild Western IS Californian Highlights and Western Highlights conbined

• 20 Jan 2009 Kylie & Braden said

Default_avatar

Hey corinne,

i’m doing the Western highlights in June, wanted to do the Wild Western but didn’t have enough time off from work as doing Canada & the Rockies as well.
    When were you looking at going?

Kylie

• 20 Jan 2009 Stephanie said

Default_avatar

Hi Corrine

I did LA to the Bay and then spent an extra couple of days in San Francisco which is such a cool city. I found that tour to be really good and didnt miss out on much by now going all the way back to LA
    Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 20 Jan 2009 Corinne said

Corinne

Hi,
    Kylie, I was looking at going in August, since its my 21st then, so would rather wait.
    I had noticed that the california highlights and western highlights where part of wild western, but 3 weeks could be difficult to get off. I was also wondering if it’s too much crammed into too little space? Cause with the others I’d just stay in LA/Vegas a few extra nights. Thanks for ur help.

• 27 Mar 2013 Louisa said

Louisa

I’m going on the West Coast Tour starting Las Vegas ending in LA in June
    I might be coming alone and I’d love to get to know people who are going and make friends. :)

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.