Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Any thoughts on the accommodation

24 Apr 2008 Jess said

Default_avatar
Hey,

I'm going on the scenic southern in May and just wondering if anyone has anything to share about the quality of the accommodation. I'm not always the best sleeper but have gone the quad share and was just wondering how the accommodation was?

Happy Travelling!!!
  • 25 Apr 2008 Tarzan2 said

Default_avatar

hey jess i recently finished the grand adventurer tour over there, i must say accomidation was much better on the north island than the south, only because on the south it was all bunk beds, and some of the rooms can be tiny, but that has to be expected especially on the milford wanderer!!! Franz josphef (sorry forgot how to spell that) was the only one people really had complaints bout cause the showers are like impossible to work, you’ll eather get one that has only HOT water or a push button one that only lasts a few seconds, but because it was for only a night it really didnt bother me. And trust me you wont regret goin quad share it is so much better if you want to get to know everyone else.
    hope this helps..

• 25 Apr 2008 Jess said

Default_avatar

Thanks Tarzan, i went the quad share for that reason, otherwise i thought it might be a little isolating. Plus its only to sleep and get dressed in so it can’t be that bad.

Any other tips for the trip. 2 weeks to go for me so i’m getting excited. First time overseas and going solo.

• 27 Apr 2008 dholdenfreak said

Default_avatar

I would suggest going bungy jumping in queenstown!! Also, at franz joseph, make sure you keep pressing the hot water button so you wont have a cold shower (thats what i did!)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.