Community_discussions_small  

Comment

UE june 1st 2008!

5 Jan 2008 Young said

Young
Hey everyone, I'm from BC Canada and I just book this trip with the greek option, so excited! anyone else coming along?
  • 8 Jan 2008 allymay21 said

allymay21

definitely coming along for this one! along with 3 of my other friends! we are all doing the greek option! and we are all from vancouver, canada too! fancy that! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 9 Jan 2008 daniel said

Default_avatar

hello my fiance and i are booked into this trip, we are aussies from adelaide and are both 25. looking foward to it already, Dan

• 18 Jan 2008 Karlos said

Karlos

Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

hey guys n gals.

just booked my trip today departing june 1st! opted for the egypt trip as i’m doing the 13day greek island hopping later in august 08.

Should be a blast, hope you all lurv to partay and drink!! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

Oh and i’m 26, male and travelling alone, from perth, western auastralia.

Karlos

Oh and i’ll be checking into the Royal national in London on the 30th may – 2 days before we start our tour, anyone else coming in early???

• 18 Jan 2008 daniel said

Default_avatar

hey karlos we are arriving in london on the 30th aswell after a few days stopover in LA and we are checking into the royal also.

Karlos

Hey awesome daniel. Are you on a world ticket or arriving from another tour?

You guys on facebook?

Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 21 Jan 2008 daniel said

Default_avatar

hey karl we are on a round the world tripp, after the tiki tour we have 3 and a half weeks to do whatever we want in europe havent decided yet, then off to dubai for a week then phuket for another week and finally a few days in singapore on the way home. we have created a login on facebook for bells a long time ago but never figured out what you can do on there? we dont get it

• 24 Jan 2008 allymay21 said

allymay21

i thought we started the tour on june 1st?
    im definitely checking into the hotel the night before… need to get plenty of rest!! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 24 Jan 2008 allymay21 said

allymay21

nevermind…. never realized there was 31 days in may!

• 8 Feb 2008 Karlos said

Karlos

hey all

have created a facebook group for this tour

click on the link below:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=8778953651

please join up!

3 and a bit months and not counting! Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

• 21 Feb 2008 Katie_83 said

Katie_83

Hey all,

I’ve just booked my UE trip for June 1 2008.

My name’s Katie, 25, from Sydney AUS

I’m doing the Egypt option Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> and can’t wait to see the pyramids.

Oh and I’m booked in at the Royal National for 1 night before and after the tour.

So excited, I want to get started Razzer<!--graemlin::p-->

• 21 Feb 2008 Karlos said

Karlos

heya katie

awesome, join u to the facebook group. just realised the link asn’t working properly but it’s fixed now

Egypt will be awesome!

Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 22 Feb 2008 Karlos said

Karlos

Hey eric

yeah pretty sure thats the tour stratin june 1st – 15th july 08.

only other tour before that atarts on may 18th????

Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 3 Mar 2008 Katie_83 said

Katie_83

Hey guys,

how are you going with visas? my travel agent says us Aussies only need a visa for Egypt, which can be bought on arrival, but I’m getting it before I go to save the hassle. My travel agent also said Aussies don’t need a visa for Turkey if we are staying less than 90days – has anyone else heard this? I just don’t wanna hold up the coach if I have to buy one at the border. Roll Eyes<!--graemlin::rolleyes:-->

Do we need any vaccinations?

Can’t wait to get started!
    Katie

• 3 Mar 2008 Karlos said

Karlos

hey katie

yeah i spoke to my travel agent and she has told me (after checking with contiki) the only one i’ll need is into turkey and you can but it at the border?

i know they will unload the bus and luggage to search it at the border so we are going to have plenty of time to (few hrs maybe?) to purchase a visa.

Vaccinations? I have no idea?

Egypt will be awesome – race you to the Sphinx!!!

• 3 Mar 2008 Katie_83 said

Katie_83

Sweet! Thanks Karlos, I didn’t realise they have to unload the bus, we should have heaps of time to buy one then. If more than 1 of us need a visa, all the better.
    You definatley need a visa for Egypt if you want to race to the Sphinx lol! I applied for mine today, but you can purchase it on arrival for US$15 apparently.

• 4 Mar 2008 Karlos said

Karlos

Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

yeah i’ve read it in a few travelogs that the border security is tight there. They aren’t part of the european union or something???

oh and join up to the facebook group ok, link here:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=8778953651&ref=mf

• 5 Mar 2008 daniel said

Default_avatar

hey guys, who is going to be in london a few days earlier want to catch up in a pub or bar somewhere? bels is counting down the days now will be here before you know it!

• 6 Mar 2008 Karlos said

Karlos

hey daniel

yeah for sure that sounds like a plan.

I fly into heathrow at 5:15am! :/ on the fri 30th may. staying at the royal national the fri 30th and sat 31st then the tour leaves sun 1st June.

i’m all up for a bit of exploring and drinking, sounds good! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

two full days back in the national after the tour aswell.

2months and 3 weeks – ohh baby!

• 6 Mar 2008 daniel said

Default_avatar

hey karl we arrive at heathrow at about 8 am friday the 30th and are stayin at the royal on the 30th and 31st and then for one night after the tour, after that we will find a backpackers accomodation if we stay in london any longer as the royal is fairly expensive and we have 3 weeks after tour that is unplanned at this stage.
    how bout we organise to catch up with any other peeps on the tour on the friday/sat party nights?

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion