Community_discussions_small  

Comment

What Tour Should I Go On...Plz Leave Advice

13 Jul 2007 Thomson6 said

Default_avatar
I really want to travl. not sure if i should go by myself or not. and im not quite sure which tour is good. Please leave any advice you care to offer.
  • 13 Jul 2007 tara-grace said

Default_avatar

Hey;

I’ve never been on Contiki before, but I’m going in August alone. I figured what the worst case scenario…. I hate the people Im with, and have to see everything “alone”, but Im in Europe! Pick a tour that you like with the most places you want to see (within your budget) and go! It’ll be fun and you’ll make a bunch of friends! Hope that helps Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Oh, and I picked the Euro Highlights tour!

• 17 Jul 2007 Mia87 said

Default_avatar

Hey!
    I went on the Med Highlights tour (really recommend it if those countries interest you). I went with my friend, and she went alone on the Greek Island Hopping tour last year and there was no problem for her going alone. You will be fine because you’ll meet so many great people and you will most likely have a big group (we had 52 ppl!!) We had quite a few ppl who were travelling alone as well. We had a real mix of ages, married couples, singles, brother/sister couples so that was awesome. Hope you have a great trip!!! Enjoy it!!

• 17 Jul 2007 LorneB said

LorneB

Travelling alone on the tours is never a problem. I think everybody has the same concerns. Out of 40-50 people there is a 100% chance you are going to find somebody you will like and can hang out with. Makesure you get a roomate. Even if you do not like each other, they are always good to have in case of an emergency. The Amsterdam to Barcelona tour is excellent. If you want to party hard try the Spanish spree tour or the Greek island hopping tour.

• 18 Jul 2007 kristine17 said

Default_avatar

I just went on my first Contiki tour and got back 2 days ago. I traveled by myself and went to Europe for the first time ever. I went on the European Magic Tour – 9 days through Europe. If you’ve never been to Europe it’s a great snapshot. I don’t know if I could handle a longer tour – lots of time on the bus. Also, don’t worry about going alone. I sometimes hung out with people, sometimes went off by myself. There’s so much to do at every place, that you may appreciate being by yourself, because you can see what you want to see without the conversation"what do you want to see?" “It doesn’t matter, what do you want to see?” I’m very social and ended up happy to go alone!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion