Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Yet another Money Question

13 Aug 2009 cassie said

cassie
I have heard that while on Contiki the best thing to do is budget about 100 Euro a day. But I am staying in London a few days before and after my tour and was wondering what I should budget for staying there. I'm not looking to do any shopping really, most likely just a few cheap souveniers, a couple of drinks a night, transport around, general entry to a few cheaper places and meals. I would pre book and pay for major things that I wanted to do as well as accomodation.
I have heard that London is quite expensive.

Thanks for your help.
Cass
  • 13 Aug 2009 Curtis71 said

Default_avatar

London is so expensive it’s like the money drains from your wallet on its own! I would budget 100 GBP per day.

• 13 Aug 2009 Mel said

Mel

i found that all the places i ate while at london were sooooooo much cheaper than everywhere i went in europe! i was going into cafes near the roynal national and getting a bottle of water and soft drink and a sandwich for 5 pounds!!!
    which would be about the same as in australia ($10) but compared to everywhere else in europe that i went to (france, spain, italy, germany etc) it was really good value. i dont know about site seeing and stuff though as i didnt really do much of that in london!

• 14 Aug 2009 Leanne_in_Ontario said

Leanne_in_Ontario

100 GBP is a decent amount to budget for. That’s what I allowed for with my time in London last month and it was sufficient. I didn’t buy souvenirs this time (because I’d been there before) but I had about 40 GBP left over at the end of the day. We went on the London Eye that day, bought an unlimited Tube ticket, purchased random munchies, and had a pricey lunch of fish-n-chips.

• 15 Aug 2009 cassie said

cassie

ok so about 100 GBP per day seems like a good way to go…
    Thanks everyone

• 16 Aug 2009 Mel said

Mel

in my opinion that will be fine, michelle!

• 6 Sep 2009 Vic said

Default_avatar

With London it would depend on how many attratctions you go to as I spent easily $100.00 pounds on some days but less on others. The contiki basement as good discounts for most of the London attractions.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.