Community_discussions_small  

Question

Royal national hotel, is it a good place to stay?

11 Nov 2013 Paul asked

Paul

Hi,
I booked a tour for January but I am yet to book a hotel to stay in pre and post tour. I have heard a lot of bad things and good things about the royal national but I wasn't sure which to trust . What was your experience when you stayed at the royal national? We're the bathroom facilities as bad as I've heard?

• 13 Nov 2013 Jordan said

Jordan

I stayed at the Royal National before my tour and I had no problems. It’s not the Hilton, but it wasn’t awful. My bathroom was fine, and clean as was my room. The bed was comfortable, and the breakfast was good. For somewhere to sleep before the tour I had no problems.

• 13 Nov 2013 alyssa! said

alyssa!

It isn’t the nicest place, however most Contiki’s leave from the Royal therefore it is handy to stay there.

• 13 Nov 2013 chelcee said

chelcee

I’m staying there before my tour just for the convenience that it’s cheap and the tour begins from there, then I’m paying a little more to stay somewhere else post tour. Don’t have high expectations for it haha. :)

• 13 Nov 2013 Joe G said

Joe G

If you’re travelling alone, the Royal Nat is the best place to stay for location and all the tours and other Contikiers drinking at the London Pub.

• 19 Nov 2013 Nick said

Default_avatar

I used to be a tour manager with Contiki – my thoughts are it’s probably worthwhile staying there. It’s not the greatest hotel in the world but it’s fair for the price: bearing in mind that the price you pay in Australia for a 4 star hotel will get you a lot lower quality hotel (maybe 2.5 – 3 star) in England which is what this is. MORE IMPORTANT than the quality of the rooms is the fact that staying at this hotel means you’ll be able to meet people from your tour before the tour starts, also after the tour ends you’ll be able to hang with all your new friends (everyone usually goes for after tour drinks at one of the pubs nearby). Seriously, you might not think this is an important thing right now, but after your tour you will for sure ;)

Nick
    www.thetourguidebook.com

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.