Community_discussions_small  

Comment

European Magic

14 Aug 2010 Explorer1196675 said

Default_avatar
Hi ...I want to send my son on this trip in December..he has not travelled much before.

1) The travel agent said that the tube would be the best option to take from Heathrow to Royal National..bit worried tho'..wouldn't a pre-arranged transfer be easier..any suggestions?

2) When the trip ends in London...are the travellers dropped off at different locations? eg. Heathrow, Royal National?

3) What time does the European Magic tour end in London? Would it be better to spend the night at Royal National and leave the next day or fly straight back home..He is not planning on extending his trip.

Any ideas/suggestions would be most appreciated!
Thanks!
  • 14 Aug 2010 KateBN19 said

KateBN19

Hey There

I"m doing this tour in December as well. I’m 19 and travelling solo for the first time.

My tour departs on the 29th of December from London. I fly into London on the 28th around mid-afternoon and will get the tube to Russell Square. I have looked into this and read lots of forum posts about it and should be all good. You just jump on the tube at the air port and go straight to Russell Square – no tube changes. Seems easy.

I can’t really answer your second question – as far as I know the tour finishes at the Royal National.

My travel agent told me the trip would end late afternoon/early evening. I would recommend staying over night at the Royal National and fly out the next day. When the tour ends, I think a lot of people would be in the same situation and your son may want to spend another night with all his new friends from the tour!

Hope this helps.

Kate! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 14 Aug 2010 cdm115 said

cdm115

I’ll have to agree with Kate on all her points. I did the European Discovery a couple years ago, which is a similar tour.

While there are several options for getting to the hotel, the Tube is probably the easiest. Depending on where you’re coming from you may be able to book a tube transfer through contiki. Otherwise he can just go to a counter at the Tube and buy the ticket. The tube in Heathrow is the Piccadilly line, once on it, it takes about 50-60 minutes to get to russell square, the hotel is a block or 2 from there. A taxi from the airport is quite expensive and with traffic probably slower.

The tour will end at the Royal National, but the timing is tricky. Depending on traffic and the ferry it could be anywhere between 3pm and 8pm. So staying over that night is best so that he doesn’t have to worry about rushing back to the airport. Also, most people go out in London after the tour for dinner and drinks and stuff as a last goodbye.

You’re a great parent!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion