Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Kyoto Grand Hotel - Walmart

29 Jul 2010 Whiggi said

Default_avatar
Can anyone tell me if there is a walmart within a realistic range from the Kyoto?
after I arrive Ill have the whole afternoon to kill so I figure that would be a perfect time to head over to walmart and purchase one of them pre-paid phones.
Im looking at Net10, but if anyone has any other suggestions for a phone or shop to buy a phone I would be very interested in that.
  • 29 Jul 2010 grandmaster b said

Default_avatar

There are no Walmarts or Targets anywhere near downtown. If you’re up for something that would take most of the day via subway or bus, there is a Target in West Hollywood.

In terms of pre-paid phones, Net10 is the best deal out there. One option is to order one off the Net10 website and have it sent to the Kyoto.

I think 7-11 might have a selection of pre-paid phones, but I wouldn’t know exactly what they have. Little Tokyo is also around the corner, and there may be a shop around there that has pre-paid phones.

• 31 Jul 2010 Whiggi said

Default_avatar

thanks mate!
    I think i might just order it and hope it arrives at the Kyoto.

Thanks

• 5 Aug 2010 cdm115 said

cdm115

Quite a few drug stores carry pre-paid cell phones too.

it looks like CVS, and Walgreen sells them.

• 5 Aug 2010 cdm115 said

cdm115

I looked on the map and there is a CVS 2 blocks from the hotel. Across the street from that is Best buy and they sell net10 products.

They’re on North Los Angeles St.

• 5 Aug 2010 grandmaster b said

Default_avatar

That is not a Best Buy. Check Best Buy’s website.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.