Community_discussions_small  

Comment

San Fran help me out

12 Sep 2007 skaifie said

skaifie
fill me in on the what to do and what not to do in San Fran. Alcatraz is a must for me but what else. Anything out of the orderinary that would be cool to see. Places to go things to do I NEED HELP !
  • 12 Sep 2007 *Mellissa* said

*Mellissa*

Visited San Fran on my tour last Nov.
    Alcatraz is a must! doing the general the touristy site seeing. Have a meal at Bubba Gumps, visit warf 49 and the big NFL store.
    A quick visit to the “castro: district will certainly turn your eye!

• 13 Sep 2007 Pervy said

Pervy

If it’s a sunny day go up Coit Tower for fantastic views of the city. http://gocalifornia.about.com/od/casfmenu/a/coittower.htm. If you wanted you could see a baseball game, San Fran has a great stadium.

• 13 Sep 2007 MJ said

Default_avatar

Fishermans Warf is a must and I second Bubba Gumps great food.If you are 21 or older a side trip to Napa valley is great if you enjoy wine tours. The Japanese gardens and China town are awesome and good shopping in this area.

• 17 Sep 2007 cdm115 said

cdm115

Coit tower does have a nice view and you get to climb hilly San Fran.

Lombarde Street – it’s easier to climb down.

Take a trolly thing – maybe to China Town.

Ghardelli Square isn’t too far from the pier where you take the ferry to Alcatraz. Some nice shops there.

• 28 Sep 2007 Steftacular said

Steftacular

well you can go to the golden gate bridge for one….

visit haight and ashbury st (take the metro, u can figure it out when you’re there) – theres lots of fun little shops, thrift stores, and the like

market st has some big time shopping

ghardelli square is definately a fun place to go, they have massive sundaes too

i think its called north shore if my memory serves me right, but its like little italy – they have open bocce ball courts and its fun to watch

china town is always an experience for sure

im trying to think of more things other ppl havent already said… but ya theres alcatraz and pier 39, 49ers football game or Giants baseball… you could take BART (its a rail system) down to berkeley which is nice to wonder around and you can meet some very eclectic people

ummm find a member of the same sex and get married – haha jk – but you couldif you wanted to…

when ur walking up and down the piers check with some of the cruises they offer – whale watching tours and the like

you can look up online what events are going on while youre here, theres always some kind of festival going on

I love SF! but thats all i can think of for now – have fun!@

• 7 Oct 2007 adventuregal82 said

Default_avatar

you can also rent a bike for like 30 bucks and ride across the golden gate to a small town called salsilito, then take a ferry back to san fran. Its a nice ride… Also, since your so close you should take a two day trip up to the napa valley and stay in yountville. This is our wine country and boasts some of the very best wine and food in california…

• 24 Oct 2007 steve said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by blondegooniechik:
    well you can go to the golden gate bridge for one….

visit haight and ashbury st (take the metro, u can figure it out when you’re there) – theres lots of fun little shops, thrift stores, and the like

market st has some big time shopping

ghardelli square is definately a fun place to go, they have massive sundaes too

i think its called north shore if my memory serves me right, but its like little italy – they have open bocce ball courts and its fun to watch

china town is always an experience for sure

im trying to think of more things other ppl havent already said… but ya theres alcatraz and pier 39, 49ers football game or Giants baseball… you could take BART (its a rail system) down to berkeley which is nice to wonder around and you can meet some very eclectic people

ummm find a member of the same sex and get married – haha jk – but you couldif you wanted to…

when ur walking up and down the piers check with some of the cruises they offer – whale watching tours and the like

you can look up online what events are going on while youre here, theres always some kind of festival going on

I love SF! but thats all i can think of for now – have fun!@
    hey blondegooniechick how are you,oh i see that you have done Ultimate European im also thinking of doing that can you please tell me what it was like what were the hotels like??
  • 2 Dec 2007 Kyls said

Default_avatar

Go to Bubba Gump that was a highlight for me

• 26 Dec 2007 allyrome said

Default_avatar

I second the Berkeley idea. It’s really diverse, and gets you out of your comfort zome.

You can take BART to Downtown Berkeley, where there are shops and eats to explore near the university. If you’re also into the arts scene, there’s a theater group that performs at a pizza place (LaVal’s, I believe, right near the University) that’s pretty cheap and has a very Contiki attitude ($20 for pizza and a play—you can eat AND watch), if you’re there on a weekend during one of their shows. I just went to one a few weeks ago, and it was really cool.

SF is a ton of fun. Go out and explore!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.