Community_discussions_small  

Comment

travel from london airport to royal national

4 Apr 2010 kylee1986 said

Default_avatar
what is the best way to get from heathrow airport to the royal national hotel or the options that i have and prices??
  • 4 Apr 2010 Wez said

Wez

Definitely the tube. Piccadilly line from the airport to Russel Square. It will take just under an hour Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

• 4 Apr 2010 calabreseboy said

Default_avatar

Yuck. Not the tube. I know people say it is the cheapest and what not, but if you’re coming to London from a long distance (Australia), the last thing you’ll want to do is hop on the tube.

My first trip to Europe, I got on the tube after a 24 hour flight from Melbourne, Australia. It was an hour or so train ride to Russell Square on a moderately packed train with no air conditioning. It was very muggy inside and I hadn’t showered for a day and was wrecked. It was the worst.

The second time, I organised a private car, which cost me 30 Pounds. It was expensive, but it was comfy, smooth and fast. No stress.

The third time, I booked a spot on a bus shuttle, which was just as comfy as the private car. Cost me 15 Pounds I think.

The tube is DEFINITELY NOT the best option. Consider private transfer. I know it’s expensive, but after a long flight, it’s worth it.

• 4 Apr 2010 kylee1986 said

Default_avatar

i was looking into the bus shuttle but dont know which companies there are to look at which did you use?

• 4 Apr 2010 LUKE said

Default_avatar

I got a bus shuttle using dottodot. It cost around 40AU (I think from memory) and it was great to just sit on a nice comfortable bus and unwind on the trip ot the city. On the way back to the airport I think the tube is the probably better option, but yeah when you first arrive it’s so comfortable.

• 4 Apr 2010 kylee1986 said

Default_avatar

yeh i was told that one but they are not transferring passengers anymore they say on their webpage

• 5 Apr 2010 joe_bloggs said

joe_bloggs

Just go the tube I reckon. It is very easy to use and is a single line to Russell Square so you dont have to get off the train. If you are from Australia, you’ve probably spent more than 20 hours on a plane so a further hour isn’t gonna kill you.

• 6 Apr 2010 fleaguit said

Default_avatar

I used the tube, and it’s a nice easy ride, much of it elevated. It’s cheap, but be forwarned it takes like an hour.

• 7 Apr 2010 sophc said

sophc

Just don’t use the sky shuttle transfer company. we arrived in london after 25 hours on a plane from australia only to find a sign on their counter saying sorry we are no longer running please see the information desk. get there, only to hear that yeah that sucks its either the tube or a black cab!!! so it cost us 75pound for a cab to get to the royal national hotel. we were tired and cranky and it got us there in about half an hour or so. We got all the money back in travel insurance so all is good. And our tour was more than awesome!!!!

• 7 Apr 2010 kylee1986 said

Default_avatar

well thats good to know about the skyshuttle cos i was actually looking into that, but if thats gonna be the case i will just forget about it and consider the tube or the express train

• 9 Apr 2010 Amy. said

Default_avatar

I have a completely different problem, Does anyone know how I can get to the Royal National from Luton Airport?

• 9 Apr 2010 cdm115 said

cdm115

Check out Luton’s website:
    http://www.london-luton.co.uk/en/airport/

After a quick look the green line bus might be your best choice.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.