Community_discussions_small  

Question

Drink/General Budget/Visa/Passport???

24 Nov 2013 Tess asked

Tess

Hiya!
I'm going on 3 contiki's in 2 weeks time, the first is a 9 day one, then Amsterdam Christmas then Scottish New Year. I know that for the very least the new years one is going to be constant drinking but I was just wondering if there was any tips for budgeting for drinking?
I'm away for just over 3 weeks (including independent travel) and was thinking 35-40 pounds/euros a day?
Too much or too little for my time with contiki/in general?! I don't partic. want to get smashed every night but i'm not sure how much $$ to dedicate to that part. Any tips???

Also! I'm from Australia and as far as I'm aware I don't need to get a visa for the places I'm visiting since I'm only a tourist and not staying anywhere over 90 days. But, I read this on a government site regarding passports

"...It is important to get your passport stamped when entering the Schengen area. The absence of an entry stamp from the initial Schengen port of entry could result in a fine or create difficulties during subsequent encounters with local police or other authorities throughout the Schengen area…"

^^^ Does contiki stamp your passport and stuff as you go b/w diff countries? Because I don't have the $$ to pay for a fine when I try to move from Amsterdam-London :P

Any help is appreciated! Thanks :)

• 15 Dec 2013 Kate said

Default_avatar

Hello!
    You definatly need more spending money than that! i did Ultimate european contiki last year and we budgeted 100 euro per day – some days we spent more some days we spent less but 30 euros might get you lunch and dinner and maybe 1 drink – not much for souveniers or the optional extras!

hope this helps :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion