Community_discussions_small  

Comment

LA & Vegas hotels

16 Aug 2010 Wez said

Wez
Hey all, does anyone know what hotels Contiki use in both LA & Vegas nowadays and have you got any views on them?
I heard that they have changed from the ones used last year and back with particularly the one in Vegas being a little rough.
  • 16 Aug 2010 Andy said

Andy

Hi Wez,

I booked on the Western Highlights tour a couple of weeks ago which starts LA and finishes in Vegas and i beleive you stay at Kyoto Grand Hotel in LA and Harrah’s in Las Vegas. I’m not sure if this varies from tour to tour though but maybe someone else may be able to confirm this

• 18 Aug 2010 Wez said

Wez

Ah brilliant, thanks Andy & Ramona.

Harrah’s is in a great location on the strip and gets pretty decent reviews.
    As for Kyoto, the reviews also look good and it’s in downtown LA which is a more “happening” area than Anaheim where the tour used to go.

I’m thinking of booking the western Highlights or Wild Western as they include a lot of places I’ve never been as well as places I can’t get enough of… like VegasWink<!--graemlin:;)-->

• 18 Aug 2010 Andy said

Andy

I’m personally staying at the Ramada hotel by the airport as i couldn’t see on the Kyoto website if it had a pool (the 1 thing thing other than a bed i wanted for the hotel).

i’ve booked on the Western Highlight even though i’ve been to almost all the places before. This time i’mn going to apreciate it more as i’m paying.

The only thing that stopped me off doing the Wild Western would be that i would have had to take 3 weeks off work in order to have a couple of days extra either side of the tour to rest (and i wanted to finish in Vegas rather than go there mid way through the trip so i can’t blow my money early)

• 24 Aug 2010 Wez said

Wez

Ah yes I hear you. I think I’ll do the Wild western myself then stay extra in LA & Vegas.

Those two were amazing on my last tour but I found San Fransisco was a little bit over rated in my opinion so not too keen to go back there in a hurry.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion