Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Oktoberfest Sept 23-28

13 Mar 2010 manD said

Default_avatar
Hey, I just booked the Oktoberfest trip for 5 days, sept 23-28th! who else is going? and what are you bringing? sleeping bag? money?
What are your plans ??? anyone been there before?

amanda (from ontario, canada)
  • 15 Apr 2010 caseyy0125 said

caseyy0125

hey amanda, i’m casey. me and my boyfriend are going on these dates. so excited.
    yeah just bringing a sleeping bag, towl lots of spending money (or whatever i can get) lol.
    ive never been. we just came over to england a few weeks ago and are staying for a couple years.
    were from australia-byron bay

• 27 Apr 2010 Explorer1165908 said

Explorer1165908

hey guys!
    I’m Nikki.. me and my friend Steph are doing the oktoberfest tour! Can’t wait!
    I think were just bringing towels and sleeping bags im pretty sure..
    Are you guys doing any tours before hand?
    Nikki ( Melbourne, Australia )

• 4 May 2010 Explorer1177693 said

Default_avatar

Im also doing this, 200th year of Oktoberfest this year, cannot wait its going to be epic!

Anybody know what time we leave London on the 23rd? I haven’t received any info yet about this

• 7 May 2010 Kimberly Doulton said

Kimberly Doulton

Hey guys, I’m Kim ! My friend meg and I have booked to go on the oktoberfest tour leaving the 23rd!!
    I seriously cannot wait !!
    I’m just bringing a towel and sleeping bag too. If you’re in oz, the post offices have a great little sleeping bag atm for $40 !!

Our plans for over there so far is visiting the neuschwantein castle (google it, it’s amazing!) and my friend wants to visit the death camps :s but apart from that drink, drink and drink some more. Not a big fan of beer but all part of the experience !

I’ve heard we leave london about 6 in the morning (dont quote me not 100% sure) but I know we have booked overnight accom in london at the suggested hotel by contiki. I think it was abotu 80 for the night. Hope that helps.

Only 4 months and 15 days !! Can’t wait !

• 8 May 2010 caseyy0125 said

caseyy0125

yeah were doing the european highlights tour on the 26th of may. so excited. then probly do austria in december, and new years in either paris, london or amsterdam. what do you all think?

• 10 May 2010 kendraa said

Default_avatar

is anyone doing this alone? i’m low key freaking out!!! anyone gonna be in london for a bit before hand?
    i arrive sept 15 and have some time to kill if anyone’s keen to hang out!!
    add me on facebook – kendra howe, 22 from NZ

• 10 May 2010 NadineNZ said

Default_avatar

hi guys! I’m planning to book this tour this week after I get paid, super excited!

Kendra – I’m also doing this alone – I arrive in London Sept 18th so would be great to meet up at some stage – are you gonna be staying at the contiki hotel at all? I will prob book the night before, due to the early start.

Nadine (25, from Wellington)

• 11 May 2010 kendra552 said

Default_avatar

nadine, are you on facebook? add me if you can!

http://www.facebook.com/kendra552

and anyone else too!

I haven’t looked into booking for where i’ll stay when I get to London, but probably a cheap hostel for the first week or so and probably the contiki hotel for the night before as well.

• 11 May 2010 caseyy0125 said

caseyy0125
  • 31 May 2010 Graeme Gous said

Graeme Gous

hello all – my wife and I are also doing the ockoberfest 23 – 27 sep. Looking forward to it. Beer is part of out diet this side in South Africa !!!! This is our second contiki tour – they are really great. Parties are big on the tours, and new friends are forever……….Really looking forward to meeting new friends and making new memory’s

• 2 Jul 2010 Explorer1194879 said

Default_avatar

graeme. . .

i am a fellow south african going on the tour. . . U can email me if u like, it would be nice to know someone before the tour stars.
    steppot@gmail.com

stephan potgieter

quote:
    Originally posted by Graeme Gous:
    hello all – my wife and I are also doing the ockoberfest 23 – 27 sep. Looking forward to it. Beer is part of out diet this side in South Africa !!!! This is our second contiki tour – they are really great. Parties are big on the tours, and new friends are forever……….Really looking forward to meeting new friends and making new memory’s

• 6 Jul 2010 Explorer1130611 said

Default_avatar

Hi guys, I am doing this tour with my 3 friends. It sounds like it will be so much fun, I can’t wait!
    We are from Australia and are getting to Europe in July, doing a few Contiki’s (European Experience and Greek Island Hopping) and backpacking around. This will be our final stop before we head home so it will be epic!! See you all soon.

• 8 Jul 2010 Steve-o said

Default_avatar

Hey guys,
    I’m also on the tour, it will be my third contiki to date. I did the ultimate european last year and ireland this year but definately looking forward to some good drinking sessions in Munich!!
    -Steve- Melbourne, Australia (Currently Hampshire, UK)

• 8 Jul 2010 Graeme Gous said

Graeme Gous

Welcome Steve-o, good to know that there are going to be somemore drinkers on the tour !!!!!

So now we have:
    3 South Africans
    " lots" of Aussies…………..
    anyone else from somewhere else????

• 11 Jul 2010 Explorer1196725 said

Default_avatar

okay i might be booking either a 5 day trip or 7 day oktoberfest trip. more than likely 5 days.

just wondering is it cheaper to book flight tickets with contiki or booking it on my own?

i live in california, and average flights roundtrip from california to london is 1050. seems a bit much i think, is that a lot?

• 24 Jul 2010 Explorer1195730 said

Default_avatar

Hi all
    I’m Jen from Melb, Aus and I am looking forward to this trip. I’ll be in London before this if anyone wants to meet up earlier

• 2 Aug 2010 nochristy said

nochristy

I am going to book the trip of Sep23…going solo myself…anyone is going solo as well?

• 4 Aug 2010 Sammy the Fish said

Sammy the Fish

hey all im sam ill been coming on this tour traveling solo get into london on the 21st if any ones keen to catch up before add me on facebook http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=604325168

• 30 Aug 2010 maggiegw said

maggiegw

well hello everyone, my name is maggie and im goin w you,.. ive never been before so this should be a blast : )

• 31 Aug 2010 Explorer1181251 said

Default_avatar

Hello,

I am going on this as well. I am coming from the USA

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.