Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Solo Travel to London/Paris in Spring/Summer 07

9 Nov 2006 Mmkay said

Default_avatar
I have my sights set on going to London & Paris, London/Paris/Amsterdam, or London/Paris/Rome sometime in 2007 - preferably around the end of may/early June. I am single and my friends are extremely unreliable, so I am considering just joining the tour solo. It's time to stop living my life by other people's schedules. I've only traveled in groups before, and even then it was difficult to bond with others as they tended to "buddy up".
It seems as though everyone says it's fine to go solo, and that everyone makes new friends, but is this the case on most tours or just some? I have a tendency to be a bit shy around new people, and would hate to feel lonely in such a big group. Could anyone provide any advice about traveling alone? I'd really appreciate it, thanks!
  • 9 Nov 2006 Neets23 said

Default_avatar

I know exactly what you mean! I’ve always wanted to go to Europe, but was waiting for someone to go with. Not really the greatest excuse, so I’ve made the decision to go next year – alone! Scary but I think it’ll be a great confidence booster. I’m shy too, and worried that the tour will consist mostly of people in couples or with friends, but reading these messages, it sounds like there are a lot in the same boat as us and going solo.

I’m planning on doing the European Inspirations tour next June, as it has all the countries I want to visit and is a hotel tour (I’m not a camper!). Definitely go alone, and I’m sure you’ll have a blast and meet lots of great people. Pick a tour that appeals and book it! Happy travelling Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion