Community_discussions_small  

Question

Contiki Wallet?

13 Apr 2007 R. Mercado asked

Default_avatar
Has anyone used the Contiki Wallet provided with the tour? If so, has it been useful at all? Please let me know!

Thanks Smiler
  • 13 Apr 2007 ptooma said

Default_avatar

You can have mine … how many do you want ???

:P

• 14 Apr 2007 Kat said

Default_avatar

i’d say it would be useful to keep all your important documents (excluding passport wich should be on you) in the same place?!

• 14 Apr 2007 PinaI said

PinaI
    quote:
    Originally posted by _______:

You can have mine … how many do you want ???

:P

Heehee, I was going to say something similar. Kinda screams TOURIST just a little too loudly for my liking…

• 14 Apr 2007 sue123 said

Default_avatar

I kept it in my suitcase. My passport and the Get Lost sheet was in my purse. There really isn’t anything too vital, except for when you first get there. I used it to keep pamphlets and tickets from hte places we went, thinking I might make a scrapbook. THen I got home and decided I dont like making scrapbooks, so the wallet is still in my closet with all this random stuff in it.

• 14 Apr 2007 Kat said

Default_avatar

i dont think it will be gracing the catwalk any time soon!!

Dimensions………. Roughly
    23cm (9inches) x 14cm(5 and a half inches)and at its thickest its like 2cm (not even an inch)

oh and it has like a detachable strap thingy so you can wear it over your shoulder if you really want to be seen wearing it…..

• 14 Apr 2007 Kat said

Default_avatar

if your wondering… yes i do have too much time on my hands to be measuring the contiki wallet!

• 14 Apr 2007 ptooma said

Default_avatar

Hey K’teish, I’ve even more time !!! It’s quite uglee IMHO, but judge for yourself:

-Vic

• 14 Apr 2007 Kat said

Default_avatar

yes vic, you do have more time on your hands,

but at least now everyone can see what they are going to get! and wont have to use their imagination anymore!

• 14 Apr 2007 ptooma said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Erin77:
    I think it’s time it is updated…

They can keep mine next time and have it discounted of my tour cost. Not fond of being a walking Contiki billboard screaming tourist. Cool<!--graemlin::cool:-->

-Vic

• 15 Apr 2007 Roopa said

Default_avatar

what else do they send u?

• 15 May 2007 sammiesummer said

Default_avatar

You guys are too funny!

• 16 May 2007 danidani2 said

Default_avatar

hahahahah. you guys ARE pretty funny. Yeh, I dont think I will be flashin the wallet too much, maybe hide it in the bottom of my bag,and keep my important docs in my money belt.

• 18 May 2007 getbak said

getbak

I can’t imagine anyone actually carrying it around with them, but I did find it pretty useful for keeping all my trip information in one convenient place in my suitcase. In fact, I have one from a tour I did 5 years ago, and I’ve used it for keeping all my travel docs for every trip I’ve done since then (after cutting the Contiki logo off of it).

I know it’s time to get excited for a trip when I start putting information in my Contiki wallet.

• 18 May 2007 ptooma said

Default_avatar

Budget cuts … Contiki used to provide a decent small 2 compartment black backpack instead. Bottom compartment was open mesh for wet gear. Now you have to settle for dangling wallet – I look at it as extra unneeded weight.

- Vic

• 20 May 2007 cdm115 said

cdm115

In 4 tours i’ve seen one person wear it a little bit.

People don’t seem to know what to do with them… Usually a couple people will wear them to the pre-tour meeting, most will carry it. Then it goes on the bottom of the suitcase.

They should either go back to the tacky backpack or just send the info in an envelope. Is anyone listening????

• 20 Aug 2008 Chillibg said

Default_avatar

I just received thee famous Contiki wallet, not happy with it at all but hey I got a free call card, so who’s complaining!!! I will definitely be leaving it at home, it just screams tourist lol -which I am!!!

I can’t wait for my trip… leaving 14Sept

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion