Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Western Highlights- April 20, 2011

25 Oct 2010 Mika29 said

Mika29
Hey guys! Im a 19 year old female from Australia.. wondering if anyone is doing the Western Highlights Tour USA starting in LA on the 20th April 2011?
Soo excited!!
  • 16 Nov 2010 Krissy83 said

Krissy83

Hey there! The Western Highlights trip goes along with the LA to the Bay trip. You may like to get in contact with Nikki on the LA to the Bay forum for April 20th 2011. Cheers!

• 26 Nov 2010 TMS said

Default_avatar

howdy! Yep doing this tour. actually doing the LA To The Bay one but this combines with it. Should be great. I too am from Australia.

• 21 Dec 2010 Mika29 said

Mika29

Haha this is a bit of a late reply on my behalf.. Contiki doesnt notify you when someone comments on your discussion!
    Thats so awesome! So Ill be seeing you on the tour then? Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> If you use facebook your welcome to add me, its always good to know people before the tour starts Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 22 Jan 2011 mags82 said

Default_avatar

hi AussieChick29 i am going to be doing LA to the Bay in April and i have been reading that this tour will be head with us. look forward to meeting you also. i’m from australia too Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 18 Feb 2011 Calvin1986 said

Default_avatar

Hey guys, im doing the Western Highlights trip on the 20 April too. Im from New Zealand. I have been in America (Portland, Oregon) for work since the start of the year and will be doing this contiki on my may back to NZ. I arrive in LA on the 18th April and will be staying at the Kyoto until we leave so if anyone is keen to trip around LA before we leave let me know!!

• 21 Feb 2011 Mika29 said

Mika29

Hey Mags82 and Calvin1986 :) I can’t wait to meet you both! Yep, LA to the Bay and Western Highlights are travelling together so we will have 8 days of exploring ahead of us! Mags82- Another Aussie on the tour yay!! :)
    I arrive in LA on the 18th of April as well Calvin, and Im also staying at the Kyoto Grand. I’ve met a few people who are also on the tour and I land the earliest. haha But hopefully some others will be there early like me!! What time do you guys land? I’m keen to trip around LA with you (@ Calvin1986) and any others who want to join!!

• 3 Mar 2011 Calvin1986 said

Default_avatar

I get into LA at midday, how about you?

• 16 Mar 2011 JT_McNulty said

Default_avatar

Hi team, I am locked in for the Western Highlights trip starting on the 20th as well. I’m travelling alone but it seems like i’ll be doing it with half of Australia once over there… (im a Sydney boy).

I arrive in LA on the 16th of April early in the morning as I was doing the LA Explorer trip before it was canceled. I’m staying at the Kyoto and also interested in hooking up with a few people to have a look around LA and go on a few day trips before the 20th.

Look forward to meeting you all.

• 17 Mar 2011 Mika29 said

Mika29

I arrive reaally early on the 18th of April :)

Hey ‘Vegas Baby!’ Yay another Western Highlights kid. Everyone I’ve met on here is on the tour, but doing LA to the Bay haha If you like, there is a facebook group for this tour if you are interested in joining it :) Let me know if you are. I’m from Brisbane and yes I do think we will be touring with half of Australia at this rate :P If you want to meet up before hand and check out LA with me and some of the others your totally welcome to :)

• 17 Mar 2011 JT_McNulty said

Default_avatar

Hi AussieChick29. I wanted to do tthe Bay but didn’t have enough leave to take! Sounds good, If there are a few of us around earlier maybe we should (somehow) organise to meet on the evening of the 18th. if nothing else, at least that way there will be some familiar faces later on the tour and an opportunity to share a cab and check out LA. Im a “non-facebooker” but it sounds like you guys are planning ahead which is tops. I come equipped with nothing more than a Lonely Planet and nowhere near enough time to fit in everything it is i would like to do.

• 18 Mar 2011 Mika29 said

Mika29

That sounds like a good idea. We can certainly arrange to meet up on the 18th! We’ll have to work out closer to the date what time we’ll meet up in the lobby seems we’re all staying at the same place. Shame your a ‘non facebooker’ though!! Makes it a bit hard, but we can maybe exchange emails or something?? I’m 19, do you mind me asking your age?? :)

• 18 Mar 2011 JT_McNulty said

Default_avatar

i can re activate my facebook so shoot through the details. Im 29, not sure what the average age on the trip will be.

• 20 Mar 2011 Explorer1226232 said

Explorer1226232

hey add another aussie 2 ur trip dude! im from brisbane aswell lol goin 2 b loose.. not stayin at kyoto though stayin hollywood.. b keen 4 a big big 2 weeks!

• 20 Mar 2011 Explorer1223932 said

Default_avatar

Hi Aussies!!!
    I’m a female from Canada and I’m doing the Western Highlights tour starting in LA too!! I will be arriving on April 19th. I’m sooo excited! Can’t wait to meet you all : )

• 21 Mar 2011 Mika29 said

Mika29

The facebook group is private but the link should work, for anyone on the trip who wants to meet some of us go to http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/home.php?sk=group_175377205824362&ap=1
    Let me know if that works.
    Can’t wait to meet you guys!!

• 21 Mar 2011 JT_McNulty said

Default_avatar

fantastic, I will check it out , sell out my anti facebook attitude and join so those of us who are interested can meet up in LA. Not long to go now! See you all soon, JT

• 21 Mar 2011 Mika29 said

Mika29

Sounds great! Can’t wait to start arranging this meet up! This time in 4 weeks I will be flying over the ocean somewhere :)

• 27 Mar 2011 Explorer1241072 said

Default_avatar

Hey! I’m on the Western Highlights on April 20th as well! Getting to LA on the 18th after going to Coachella, staying at the Crowne Plaza Beverly Hills! Me and my friend both from Melbourne, Australia shall be both joining the tour! First contiki, cannot wait!

• 28 Mar 2011 Mika29 said

Mika29

Hey nice to see you’ve found the forum!! :) I love Melbourne I fly there all the time. Looking forward to meeting you & your friend in a few weeks :)

• 3 Apr 2011 Explorer1229221 said

Default_avatar

Hey Aussies, if you don’t mind a South African joining your ranks for a few days, I would love to. I’m actually doing the Wild Western starting on the 20th April but I think it runs concurrently with the Western Highlights and LA to the Bay. Gonna try and join your forum.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.