Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Ultimate European Travelogue

15 May 2007 Canadian Dave said

Default_avatar
I posted this in the Travelogues forum a couple months ago, but incase some of you didn't see it there - here it is again!

I did the Ultimate Euro w/Egypt option last summer and it was one of the best times of my life. I wrote a detailed travelogue of my experience on the tour (as well as some independent travel), so if any of you are planning on doing this tour and wondering what it's going to be like - hopefully my travelogue can help ya out! Here's the link: Dave's Ultimate European Travelogue. Enjoy Smiler
  • 8 Jun 2007 kiwigirl said

kiwigirl

Dave – thanks for posting such a fantastic and in depth travelogue. It took me a hwile, but I read every 46 days of the UE. I was a little unsure whether to do the UE until I read your travelogue – now I’m pretty much decided! Thanks again – it helped me a lot!

• 12 Aug 2007 southernhighlander said

Default_avatar

it is good to read and it also took me awhile to read but i am going to be doing one next year.

• 13 Aug 2007 lauryn_84 said

Default_avatar

Hey DAVE – it feels so weird talking to you here cos I feel like I know you now!!! Just wanted to say a HUGE cheers mate – you’re travelogue was a major help to me. I’m on the UE Egypt departing Sept 2nd and I’m SO excited now. OH – and I’m also packing heaps of imodium!!!

Thanks again,

Lauren (Australia)

• 13 Aug 2007 southernhighlander said

Default_avatar

just after reading what you posted up dave i was like right i am doing that tour so now next july i will be doing the ultimate european tour.with the egypt option.

• 13 Aug 2007 Chris1982 said

Chris1982

Thanks for taking the time to write the travel log Dave! I spent quite a few hours at work reading it all!

• 27 Aug 2007 Paul said

Paul

Dave,

Just came back from my UE tour about a week ago now and reflecting back on my trip and remembering what you have created in your travelogue, I just wanted to congratulate you on it once again.

You are right when you say that you can not capture the experiences, emotions or life long bonds in words or even pictures without having done this tour for yourself.

You have done a truely exceptional job, and your group is extremely lucky to have you make them an awesome memory!

Thank you for the insite into what I was getting myself into as well as a few insider tips that came in handy!

To anyone thinking that this logue is too long….you should take a few days and have a read and check out the pictures! This is a truely amazing piece of work! Congratulations Dave!

• 22 Sep 2007 Sarah-J said

Sarah-J

Thanks Dave for putting your tavelogue on here!!

I found it really useful and a great help.

I’ve now got an idea of what the tour will be like and just reading it has now made me more deceided on doing the Ultimate European.

Thanks again
    Sarah

• 23 Sep 2007 fannypack127 said

Default_avatar

Nice. I wish there were more Fall/Winter dates for the UE though!

• 8 Jan 2008 allymay21 said

allymay21

after reading your travelouge, i knew that this was the tour for me!! you helped me say yes and just to go ahead and book it! thanks!!!

• 8 Jan 2008 msznumeroUNO said

msznumeroUNO

Hey Dave,

Afetr reading everyone’s responses i thjought i would comment too.

I had left a message on your guestbook which you have already replied too.. Although the travelogue took me awhile to read it was one of the most unreal feelings i felt as though i knew you, and you were a friend .. the experiences and friends you made sounded unreal.. I have already met a tour friend and we have both read the travelogues both hoping to have as much fun as you.

Once again Thanks alot for the insight into your tour i think it helps give an insight as to how awesome the experience will be.

I’m so excited!!!

Ultimate European departing 31st August.

• 10 Aug 2008 Canadian Dave said

Default_avatar

Thanks for the great comments everyone! I’m very happy that my travelogue was helpful.

• 19 Aug 2008 CanadaFox said

Default_avatar

Hey Dave,
    I just got back from the Ultimate including Egypt a few days ago. You were right it is a life changing experience. I wanted to thank you for posting so much information about the trip, it helped a lot. I just got home and now i can’t wait to see where i want to go next. Have you gone on any more contiki tours since?

Thanks
    Ashley

• 15 Mar 2011 jess1506 said

jess1506

Just commenting so I can find this discussion and your link again next time I log in because I haven’t figured out how to find it again otherwise since the forum’s have changed and keep losing discussions ha ha. Once I finish reading your travelogue I will comment again with my thoughts…. and that’s enough rambling :-)

• 17 Jul 2011 GEM said

GEM

Hi Dave, just letting you know I did the Ultimate European a few months ago and your travelogue was fantastic to read before I left – Thanks heaps! Some other girls had read it too so we would refer to it every now and again – “did you read about when Dave went to Egypt and that guy has a gun pointed at him?” “What about when Dave was in Amsterdam and he was stoned at the sex show” – There was a gorilla there for us too… :)

• 18 Jul 2011 JoshS90 said

JoshS90

How much money did you take with you for the trip??

• 26 Sep 2012 Teleah88 said

Teleah88

Your travelogue is amazing Dave!! Thanks soooo much for putting the time and effort into writing it.
    I love it and now cant wait for my UE tour to start in May 2013.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.