Community_discussions_small  

Comment

UE aug 30th 09!

18 Oct 2008 dayna-maree said

dayna-maree
Hey all okay so ive finally made up my mind on my departure date! Im going to book on the 2nd of November to do the UE on the august 30th 09 departure then im heading to the usa to do the GS on the oct 22nd 09 departure! im thinking about heading to britian around about 25th august!
Does anyone else have the same idea?
Ive just moved to Australia from newzealand so I don’t know anyone feel free to reply!
  • 8 Nov 2008 Nicole* said

Default_avatar

Hi! I just booked this tour today! My name’s Nicole and I’m from Vancouver BC. I’m 19 now but i’ll be 20 for UE. I can hardly wait i’ve been working awhile now for this! I’m a solo traveller and it will be my first time overseas.

• 8 Dec 2008 Nicole* said

Default_avatar

Hi dayna-maree! I just made a Facebook group for this tour… If you’ve got Facebook come on and join! It’s “Contiki Ultimate European – August 30th 2009”

• 19 Dec 2008 Manny Z said

Default_avatar

Hi dayna-maree and nicole, I just booked this tour as well,im 23 from Melbourne Australia. So looking forward to it Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    i’ll add the facebook page as well

• 6 Mar 2009 Manny Z said

Default_avatar

heya jess,
    Glad to hear an Aussie is coming along. I’ve emailed you so hopefully we can keep in touch and share some advice.
    Should be an awesome trip.

Speak soon

• 10 Mar 2009 Melanie said

Default_avatar

Hey ALl,
    Im Mel, 24 from Melbourne, Aust.
    Doing UE plus egypt Aug 30th also.
    Csn’t wait.

• 10 Mar 2009 Manny Z said

Default_avatar

Hiya Mel,
    Good to see another Melbournian on the tour…. only bad thing is im doing the greek island option instead of Egypt.
    Should be still as good. Hopefully keep in touch for last minute advice hehehe

• 11 Mar 2009 Nicole* said

Default_avatar

Hi Manny, Melanie and Jess!
    I’m doing the Greek Island Hopping option, I figured I could use some relaxing midway through. What are everyone’s plans before the tour starts?

• 11 Mar 2009 Manny Z said

Default_avatar

Hi Nicole,
    Im doing the greek island option as well, had the same thought as u, need some relaxing and sun tanning before the last leg of the tour hehe.
    I’m going to be in Singapore for 3 days before I head to London on the 28th (2 days before the tour), so I can rest for 2 days and sight-see before the tour starts BUT still looking for a place to stay yet hehehe
    What are your plans before the tour starts??

• 11 Mar 2009 tiny_dancer said

Default_avatar

Hey Nicole, that’s ok only what 6 days out of 45.
    Two friends and I are headed over to England, Ireland, and Scotland first, leave mid July.
    … Wish it’d come quicker. What are your plans?

• 15 Mar 2009 Ash said

Ash

Hey guys, I’ve also just booked the UE tour. Like a couple of you it seems, I went with the Greek Islands for that bit of r&r in the trip.
    I did have my heart set on Egypt initally, but you get that.

I’m an ‘Aussie’, from WA, 18 atm, will be 19 on the tour. Really looking forward to it, to say the very least. Love to hear from some of you to hear what your plans are, and just have someone who understands how excited I am to chat to! Hopefully talk soon Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 15 Mar 2009 Nicole* said

Default_avatar

Hi Everyone!
    Ash, that’s like me too! initially thought definitely egypt, but I think it will be just so intense i’d like to see egypt in its own trip. And GREECE! From what i’ve heard its beautiful and oh how I love to suntan! Especially since this summer I won’t be able to bask in the sun since i’ll be working so much for this trip. I am so ridiculously excited for this trip!

Manny, I don’t know what my plans are before! I think i’m probably going to wait until the last minute. I’d love to spend a week in England prior to the tour but I don’t know who with or where i’ll stay. I have a slight fear of blowing all my money before the tour even starts! All i know is i’ll be in the Royal National the night before, lol. I can’t wait for that initial meeting where everyone finally meets each other in person!!!

• 16 Mar 2009 tiny_dancer said

Default_avatar

Yeah, I’m worried about the cash situation also. Especially because we are going for soo long. … Careful budgeting will be in order if the dollar doesn’t improve (or gets worse) … seriously hope not.

Nicole I’m staying at the RN the night before too.
    … So exciting. Anyone else staying?
    Mel.

• 16 Mar 2009 Manny Z said

Default_avatar

Hey Everyone,
    Looks like a few more are jumpin on, which is great!! U can feel the excitement hehe

Oh yeah I was going to stay at the Royal, but looks like i’ll be experiencing the london life in one of its awesome party hostels before I meet all you wonderful ppl in the contiki basement at the start of the tour!!

• 16 Mar 2009 tiny_dancer said

Default_avatar

PS my old email died somehow. So this is me.
    Mel.

• 17 Mar 2009 Ash said

Ash

Hey!

Yeah Nicole I agree about seeing Egypt in its own trip and I also love a suntan. I usually go up north of WA every April to a place called Coral Bay (it’s near Exmouth), and bake like a Chico Baby in the sun. Of course I wont be going, hmm Europe or Coral Bay Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> so I’m hoping to make up for it in Greece!

And like Mel nervous about money as well…I was always going to go o/s, but wasn’t going to do it till 2010… Then I quit my job and booked the trip ha. Ah well… anyway, I just created a Facebook account, so I’ll try and find the Tour Page!

• 17 Mar 2009 Nicole* said

Default_avatar

Hi Everyone!
    the Canadian dollar stinks pretty bad too, I usually shop in the States, mmmmmmmm shopping but i’ve even had to cut make on the shopping excursions across the border.
    All this talk about suntanning is making me want the sun real bad! couple more months and the sun should come out and warm me up from our most freezing winter ever!
    Oh! Speaking of chillyness, I was slightly concerned about the weather getting a bit nippy on our tour, especially near the end… Anyone else have any thoughts or comments about this? I figured if it got too cold I would just buy stuff as needed, instead of overpacking. And, yes, hehe, i’m already thinking about packing 5 months before!!! I have definitely put a million more times effort into this trip than I have into this semester at university. anyways hope to here from you all again soon!
    Nicole

• 23 Mar 2009 Ash said

Ash

Yeah I’m a bit worried about how chilly it might get. I had a couple of girlfriends who went on Contikis the same time were going, but last year.
    One of them (it was her second time in Italy) said Aug/Sep in Italy its beautiful, its not too hot, but still nice and prices are coming down and its not as crowded.
    The other said it does get chilly up in the northern countries, but she said thats hard to avoid.
    And some family friends said Paris was pretty cold in September…so its all a bit conflicting lol, guess we won’t know for sure until we get there. I will still pack a jacket (obviously) and if our Australian jackets aren’t warm enough, I’ll get something thats made for their weather over there… I’ve been thinking about packing too!

Ahh its so exciting! Ohh and I’m so excited about the shopping, I can’t wait to get some United Colors of Benetton gear hehe.

• 20 Apr 2009 Sarah said

Sarah

hey ALL

My name is Sarah i am also doin the UE tour goin to epypt!
    Im 22 n live in melbourne going solo nervous but SO PUMPED N EXCITED about the trip
    hope to speak to u soon
    xox

• 24 Apr 2009 Manny Z said

Default_avatar

Hey Sarah
    Good to hear another melbournian is on the trip. Im also doing the UE Tour but the greek island option. Im going solo as well.
    Hope we can speak soon and share some advice.

Cheers,

Manny

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.