Community_discussions_small  

Comment

aussies moving to london in 2011

10 Nov 2010 torz said

Default_avatar
hey,
just wondering if there are any other aussies out there that are planning on getting a working visa and moving to london in 2011 ??

Smiler
  • 6 Apr 2011 Pixie said

Default_avatar

I’m heading over in June after my tour and then will hopefully find a live in pub job in London.
    Hearing mixed reviews about the job market over there which is making me nervous!
    A few of my cousins are over there but I really don’t want to rely on them for a place to stay for too long.

• 6 Apr 2011 Mel737 said

Default_avatar

Heyy all.. Im from Australia and also moving to London this year.. Im moving in August and doing the European experience contiki on the 18th before i find work in london. Im originally from perth but been living on the Gold coast the last 2 years im going by myself so its rather scary.. would be great to meet others in the same situation..cant wait to get over there!! My name is Mel senior, add me on Facebook if you like!!

• 6 Apr 2011 stephen87 said

stephen87

Hey Guys

Glad to see their are other the same to! I’m 23 male from Melbourne Australia, I’ll be doing the Escapade in Aug first time! then thinking of working in London hopefully straight after, in the graphic design industry, probably a good idea to start at a bar/pub though sigh.. Hope its not to tough to get a design gig haha Fingers crossed it all works out! :p

• 1 Dec 2011 Brooke2010 said

Brooke2010

i am moving to london in late jan early Feb 2012 :) so excited.. just gonna do balmy badger backpackers for a few weeks n while im there find a place to room share with a bunch of nice people :)
    im an aussie and iv pretty much got my job sorted :) its a whole new adventure for me

• 14 Dec 2011 graham said

graham

Hello well i’m not from aus but i’m english from london what i was going to say is don’t just look for jobs in does two sectors as not many jobs out there. but i be more then happy to meet up and show you around london.

• 9 Jan 2012 Explorer1343503 said

Default_avatar

Hey, Ill be in London shortly after you then:) Im moving over after my 21 day European Vista Tour which finishes at the end of March. Im a 24 year old female from Central Coast Australia…. Ill be looking for work, a place to live in London and a fun bunch of mates to drink with:)
    Any volunteers???
    Jade:)

• 9 Jan 2012 Brooke2010 said

Brooke2010

hi Jade im from central coast NSW too.. wanna add on FB? message me please.

• 9 Jan 2012 Karina88 said

Karina88

I’m going in June! :)

• 9 Jan 2012 Karina88 said

Karina88

I went over in march 2011 and did a Contiki tour and then I had a visa for 2 years to stay in the UK but it didn’t work out at the time.. But I’m going back in June to give it another go :)

• 9 Jan 2012 Brooke2010 said

Brooke2010

hi Karina well i hope it works out for you this time… i applied my working visa in october 2011 i thought id do something with friends in christmas time but that didnt work out so thats why im going now next week n doing another contiki tour to make more friends :)

• 10 Jan 2012 Karina88 said

Karina88

Thanks. A few friends I met on Contiki and also from school have got visas and are now living over there so it will be easier this time knowing people and not being alone. What Contiki tour are you doing? All the best :)

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.