Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Big Apple Explorer 2007

16 Dec 2006 lauren89 said

Default_avatar
Hi everyone

I'm Lauren, I live in NSW Australia. I'm doing the Big Apple Explorer next November and was wondering if anyone else was doing this tour, It would be great to know the group before I travel. I would also love to hear from anyone else who has done it and what they thought about the tour.
Thanks
  • 19 Dec 2006 clairecooper said

Default_avatar

Hey ya, my names claire and I am booked on the Big Apple Explorer on the 27 Nov- 30 Nov and I can’t wait Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> NYC should be awesome!!!

what time in NOV are you doing the tour? hopefully its the same one as me Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

wb when you can

• 25 Dec 2006 BonitaChickita said

Default_avatar

Hi,

I live in one of the outer boroughs and work in Manhattan… if you have any questions –- ask a local! Smiler<!-graemlin::)—>

(Especially if you want any ideas for bars, cheap happy hours, free museams, free events and going-ons in Central Park or Union Square!)

Oh! The best free view of the Manhattan skyline is actually in a Stop and Shop parking lot in Queens, but an amazing view is on The Top of the Rock, in Rockefeller Center. (Around 52nd Street) Go at night when the Empire State building and the Chrysler Building are all lit up. It’s absolutely fantastic!!)

• 18 Jun 2007 Jak13 said

Default_avatar

Hi..I’m Jackie.I’m planning to be in NYC from the 27th Nov to 7th Dec.I will be traveeling alone.. and thinking about doing Big Apple Explorer…don’t know yet. will get back to you guys. Does sound like fun though….

• 19 Jun 2007 Sarc said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Oh! The best free view of the Manhattan skyline is actually in a Stop and Shop parking lot in Queens, but an amazing view is on The Top of the Rock, in Rockefeller Center. (Around 52nd Street)

Wow, I’ve been by that Stop and Shop a million times and I’ve never thought to check the view!
    Also, I was going to suggest Roosevelt Island. I play soccer there and the views are amazing. Fairly easy to get in and out of also.

• 11 Jul 2007 Loogie said

Default_avatar

Hey Everyone,

First off, before I say anything, just want to make it clear, I’m not going on your trip.

However, I live in New York, so feel free to ask me questions ( I am not looking to meet women so dont worry )

Brian
    brij75@yahoo.com

Southern Ireland ’97
    Grand Explorer ’00
    Rainbow Nation ’01 (no lonfer offered by Contiki)
    Beaches & Reefs ’03

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.