Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Attitude Adjuster Recipe

8 Mar 2007 schoolhard said

Default_avatar
Hey All,

I happened to have done my Contiki Tour at the exact same time that Italy won the Grand Final last year and was at the Fusina Bar in Venice on the night of the GF.

Now, from what I 'remember' there was drink called the 'Attitude Adjuster' that made my night unforgettable and also completely forgetable (I have almost no recollection of that night).

Does anyone know the recipe? I know it contains vodka, gin, tequila and white rum (Barcardi), but what do they mix it with? Some sites say powerade, others say lemonade and triple sec etc...but does anyone definitively know?

Cheers for any help people can provide!

ta...
  • 8 Mar 2007 ashleightara said

ashleightara

Did you google it?
    I got this from the first hit…

Attitude Adjuster

Description: Long
    Style: Long
    Glass: Hurricane
    Garnish: Lemon Wheel
    Method: Shake & Strain Over Ice Then Build

Ingredients
    1 Shot(s) Gin
    1 Shot(s) Vodka
    1 Shot(s) Cointreau
    3/4 Shot(s) Lime Juice
    Top Cola
    1/4 Top Mandarine Napoleon
    1/4 Top Coffee Liqueur

Sorry – just reread your post. I don’t know anything Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> my suggestion is you experiment and try all the recipes you can find until you find the right one…

http://www.fluidtrade.co.uk/cocktailview.aspx?cocktailID=167&x=0

• 8 Mar 2007 PinaI said

PinaI
    quote:
    my suggestion is you experiment and try all the recipes you can find until you find the right one…

LOL! Great idea!

On another note – as a wog – how jealous am I that you were in Italy while I was home with a blanket screaming at the TV at 3 in the morning!!

• 8 Mar 2007 FreeSam said

Default_avatar

hehe, PinaI!

Your still lucky, I was stuck in a hot horrible kitchen, and no one filmed it for me…….was upsetting to say the least.

• 8 Mar 2007 schoolhard said

Default_avatar

Pina, I got incredibly lucky on my tour. I was in London, England when they won, central Paris just outside the Moulin Rouge when France won, Florence when Italy won the Semis and Venice when Italy won the Grand Final. It made my tour all the more better!

I have googled the Attitude Adjuster and found many variations on it. It seems to be based on the Long Island Iced Tea but the most interesting one I’ve found is the ‘Adios Motherf**ker.’ All contain the same four white spirits plus other drinks.

Should be an interesting Saturday night for me!

• 8 Mar 2007 Chris_V said

Chris_V

Like a good drink

• 8 Mar 2007 Kathryn83 said

Default_avatar

Hi Schoolhard.

Was that drink green by any chance? I had something that sounds very similar in Cairns not too long ago and had the same experience.

Mine had like, gin, vodka, Cointreau, midori, a couple of other things and red bull.

Crazy!

Kathryn Eeker<!--graemlin::eek:-->

• 22 Mar 2007 Carlos said

Default_avatar

Wow, that drink looks like it would set me up for the night. Major brain damage indeed. How much does it cost?

• 30 Nov 2011 Michael said

Michael

I’ve got a photo of the recipe that was on a board at that bar it’s rum,gin,vodka., fanta and a hint of grenadine

• 2 May 2013 jmac said

Default_avatar

hehehe I actually was the bar tender there in 2007, and chances are I made your drink. Sorry about the late reply!

An Attitude Adjuster, or AA, is made with a large pint glass, fill it with ice, free pour white rum, gin and vodka, then top it up with a Bacardi Breezer and add a splash of grenadine.

Nine times out of ten, we saw punters feeling totally under control after the first one, but then losing their mind half way through the second.

My god have I got some stories to tell my grandkids about that place one day! :P

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion