Community_discussions_small  

Comment

grand southern july 2010

30 Sep 2009 missdeani said

missdeani
hi!!! who else is doing the GS july 2010 ??? im on the july 22nd tour, first time overseas and cant wait. bit nervous though..
do most people stay at the pick up hotel the night before ?
it would be cool to meet some fellow travelers first!!
  • 30 Sep 2009 Kaznagan said

Kaznagan

Hey,

i’m on the tour starting the 15th july!! i’m pretty excited – it’ll only be my second time overseas, but its kinda the dream holiday i’ve had since i was a kid.
    I’m planning to stay at the hotel where you get picked up from, just for the convenience. its really up to the person, some people stay at hostels due to price differences and what not. Do what you feel comfortable with!!
    hope you have a great time!
    Karlie

• 3 Oct 2009 Belinda said

Belinda

Hi!!

I’m starting the Grand Southern on July 1 2010. It’s probably easiest to stay at the Contiki hotel the night before because you’ll have the pre-tour meeting the night before and leave from there early in the morning. But I guess there are other cheaper hotels so it’s up to you! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Anyone else on the July 1 Tour?

SO excited
    Belinda

Grand Southern July 1, 2010
    Grand Canadian July 20, 2010

• 2 Nov 2009 HD1712 said

HD1712

hey looking at the GS July 15 paying deposit next week most likely. bit of vet at contiki this will be like my 6th tour, 4th time overseas 3rd to the states.
    I’m heather 32 from Adelaide.
    email: had1712@gmail.com

• 18 Nov 2009 Hein said

Hein

Hi

I’m also going in July, probably 22 July. Missdeani, if you travelling alone, it’s better to stay at the same hotel as you can meet up with other tour members the night before.

My 2nd Contiki (Did Spanish Spree in June 09).

Hein
    Cape Town

• 17 Dec 2009 BelindaJane said

BelindaJane

hi, i’m also doing the 22nd tour. looking at booking after christmas. it will be my 3rd contiki, but my first to the states. can’t wait! Razzer<!--graemlin::p-->

• 24 Jan 2010 Carly said

Carly

Yaaaaayyyy I’m doing the grand southern on July 1st as well Belinda!!!!
    Looks like I’ve found a friend!!! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 31 Jan 2010 Belinda said

Belinda

Hi Carly!

Yay! I was getting a bit nervous that I was the only one! I’m 25, from Brisbane, Australia, travelling by myself and trying to save heaps!! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 24 Feb 2010 littlemissmegsy said

Default_avatar

I’m also booked in for the Grand Southern on the 1st of July. 28yo female from Perth. Also traveling with 2 good friends from Perth, one male age 21 and one female age 23. It’s my first time to the states so very excited!

• 13 Mar 2010 Kath said

Default_avatar

I’m on the 1st July tour as well! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    Missed out on the full tour so will just be doing the southern adventure first half of it… never done a contiki before I’m a bit nervous! haha

• 22 Mar 2010 littlemissmegsy said

Default_avatar

I’ve never done a Contiki tour either, I’m really looking forward to it though. I paid my tour off last week! So so excited. Does anyone plan to stay on in NY at the end of the tour? I’m still trying to decide if I’m going to spend a week or less there or just go home after the tour ends…

• 27 Mar 2010 commodoreben said

Default_avatar

Hi all

Im on the july 22nd tour. getting into LA a few days early to do disneyland also doing the New York explorer after the Grand Southern. I’m 25 male from the Gold Coast and travelling solo.

• 5 Apr 2010 Explorer1176168 said

Default_avatar

Hey people are there any Melbournians doing the Grand Southern July 22nd? Wouldn’t be a bad idea to meet up beforehand here Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 11 Apr 2010 Mark said

Default_avatar

G’day all.

I’m Mark from Melb and im on the second tour on this date. Gonna be an awesome time.

• 13 Apr 2010 Chloe said

Chloe

Hey,

My name is Chloe, and I’m from Australia. 24 years old. First Contiki tour and first time to the US so I can’t wait!!!
    I’m going on the July 22nd tour and also doing the New York Explorer at the end.
    Can’t wait to meet everyone Cool<!--graemlin::cool:-->

• 13 Apr 2010 Chloe said

Chloe

Heineken, Look forward to meeting you if you did end up booking the Grand Southern 22nd July. I went to Africa a few years ago and absolutely loved it. Cape Town was really nice, so no doubt I will chew your ear off with questions! Haha

• 17 Apr 2010 Hosford said

Default_avatar

Ooh good to see a few other on the July 1 tour!

I’m James, 19 from Newcastle, NSW (wondering if i’ll be the youngest there Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->) going with my friend Sam.

Does anyone know anything about the pre-tour meeting the night before?

• 19 Apr 2010 HD1712 said

HD1712

explorer1178132,
    pre tour meeting is your chance to meet your tour manager beforehand give them all your emergency information and anything else they ask for and to meet some of your new friends on tour nice way to break the ice really. Good idea to go then at least the bus can get away on time in the morning basically is another reason.
    Hope that helps.

• 25 Apr 2010 Carly said

Carly

Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    thats awesome…im from australia also (ulladulla…a small town three hours south of syd)…will be 21 by the time we head over!!!! also looking to save on the dollars…so excited!!!

• 6 May 2010 Jelly_Bean said

Default_avatar

I’ve just booked the 22nd July trip, so excited. I’m flying solo getting into LA a couple days early and staying in NY for a couple at the end.

• 7 May 2010 Janice said

Janice

Hi I am booked on the Southern Adventure tour that starts on the 22nd July so I will be joining those of you at the start of the grand southern on that date, I will be in LA a few days before the tour starts so it would be cool to meet up with some people before we start, I’m travelling by myself and I am from Northern Ireland.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.